Lenovo Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio Driver 6.0.01.1304 for Windows XP 32/64-bit
This package has been approved for use with the following systems:
* ThinkStation S10 (type 6423, 6483)
* ThinkStation D10 (type 6427, 6493)
Downloading the package
1. Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
2. When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Extracting the package
1. Click Start, then click Search, then click Files and Folders.
2. Type q5aud03ws17.exe in the search field, then click Find Now. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
3. Double-click the q5aud03ws17.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
4. Click Next. Read the license agreement.
5. Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
6. Click Next.
7. Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\q5aud03ws17.
8. Click Next. The necessary files will be extracted to your hard drive.
9. Click Finish.
Installing the package
1. Click Start, then click Run.
2. Type C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\AUDIO\q5aud03ws17\setup.exe, then click OK.
3. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation. Shutdown and restart your system when the installation is complete.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.