Updating BIOS Procedures (Setting for Windows® Vista™ before BIOS update)
1. Download the BIOS package (WinZip format with .zip file extension). And close all programs.
2. Unzip and save all files to the same directory of any storage location accessible by the host system. And you should see AFUWIN.EXE, UCORESYS.SYS, UCOREVXD and UCOREW64.SYS.
3. Click AFUwin.exe.
4. It shows a dialog icon to remind you to close other programs. Click "OK".
5. After finishing upgrading the BIOS, it shows a dialog icon to remind you to restart the system. Click "Yes".
6. After system restart, press to enter the BIOS setup utility during boot up. In Exit menu, please select "Load Default Settings" and press to continue.
7. Select "Exit Saving Changes" and press to exit the BIOS setup utility.
8. Now, system is booting up with new BIOS.
»How do I check the BIOS version?
1.The BIOS version can be found during system boot up.
2.The BIOS version can be found in BIOS setup utility.
»Update BIOS under Windows® Vista™
Step1: Please right click AFUWIN.exe
Step2: Click "Run as administrator".
If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this corrupt BIOS might cause your system failed to boot up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.
Here's other similar drivers that are different versions or releases for different operating systems: