S3 Graphics Chrome 500 Series Features:
Microsoft DirectX 10.1 Support
S3 Graphics CHROME 500 Series supports DirectX 10.1 technology, allowing more realistic 3D rendering and increased visual acuity through the use of improved Anti-aliasing algorithms, Image/Texture processing refinements, higher precision formats, and programmable lighting effects.
ChromotionHD 2.0 Video
S3 Graphics CHROME 500 Series provides true HD quality 1080p playback for Blu-ray content, and supports the latest HD standards including H.264, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, WMV-HD, and AVS.
OpenGL 3.0 Support
Drivers dated 12/01/2008 or later include support for OpenGL 3.0 extensions.
Release Type: Microsoft Certified WHQL
- Bug Fix
- Launch Bioshock in DX9 mode, Confirm the Graphic option: 1440x900, All available option: on (except window mode), Texture Detail and Actor Detail in "High". Start New Gam. Then will meet total corruption in the game scene (53160-0092)
- Connect HDMI only and set to native mode(1920x1080), launch S3 Utility change custom mode then apply, reopen the custom mode page and restored to native mode, you will find that canít return to native mode (1920x1080 again. (54413-0092)
- Install SDK 2009 August, and launch sample HDAO10.1, there is Black garbage line when notice the ground. (54245-0092)
- Under 64-bit Win7 OS, if run the 3EMark06 demo test on 8G memory, there will be APP corruption. This issue is passed under the same step on 2G Memory (53487)
- Game: Kingís Bounty The Legend: Screen flicker seriously after launching (54315)
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.