Sign up for a new account or log in here:
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 10.12 Windows release includes:
* Support for DivX on the AMD Radeon 6800 Series
o With DivX® software installed on an AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series and later GPU and the DivX Accelerated™ solution, consumers can enjoy an improved DivX video playback experience by lowering CPU load, extending computer battery life on notebooks, reducing noise on home theater PCs and improving overall computer operation.
o Grab the DivX Accelerated download from here (will be available Dec 15) http://go.divx.com/accelerated
* Support for OpenGL 4.1
o New features introduced in OpenGL 4.1
o Full compatibility with OpenGL ES 2.0 APIs for easier porting between mobile and desktop platforms
o The ability to query and load a binary for shader program objects to save re-compilation time
o The capability to bind programs individually to programmable stages for programming flexibility
o 64-bit floating-point component vertex shader inputs for higher geometric precision
o Multiple viewports for a rendering surface for increased rendering flexibility
o New ARB extensions introduced with OpenGL 4.1
o Linking OpenGL sync objects to OpenCL event objects for enhanced OpenCL interoperability
o The ability to set stencil values in a fragment shader for enhanced rendering flexibility
o Features to improve robustness, for example when running WebGL applications
o Callback mechanisms to receive enhanced errors and warning messages
* AMD Stream 2.3 SDK release
o Performance improvements for AMD’s OpenCL toolset
o Support UVD video hardware component through OpenCL driver (Windows 7 only)
o Support for the Stream Profiler on Linux (command line version)
o Support added for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
o Support for FFT and BLAS-3 libraries
o Stream Profiler enhancements (including timeline visualization)
o Resolves a number of bug fixes from the Stream SDK 2.2 release
Resolved Known Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 10.12 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
* DivX interlaced content no longer intermittently shows corruption.
* Tom Clancy’s Endwar no longer randomly hangs during game cutscenes.
* Crossfire no longer gets randomly disabled in some games after task switching.
* Random black streaks are no longer seen on menus in Metro 2033.
* Corruption is no longer randomly seen with certain graphical settings in F1 2010.
* Screen is now rendered correctly in Splinter Cell Conviction with Crossfire enabled.
* Random tearing is no longer observed when playing back XVID video files on an extended display.
* Random crashes are no longer observed when playing the Stone Giant DX11 Demo when Crossfire enabled.
* Random crashes are no longer observed when changing video settings in Supreme Commander 2.
* Need for Speed Shift no longer displays random corruption during game play if 2 races are played consecutively without exiting the game.
* WMV playback no longer goes blank occasionally after switching from 32bit to 16bit color.
* Random mouse cursor corruption is no longer seen
* The screen is does not intermittently display garbage when running 3dMark06.
* Dragon Age Origins no longer hangs intermittently during gameplay.
* Changing resolutions in Starcraft2 with forced AA no longer causes random application crashes.
* The desktop does not darken occasionally after exiting Eve Online.
* The desktop does not dim randomly after exiting Mafia II on some Radeon 4890 products.
Resolved Known Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
* The overscan/underscan slider is no longer occasionally disabled in certain optimized / customer modes.
* Enabling dynamic contrast no longer displays random fade-in effects when playing Yozakura.
Resolved Known Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
* The water surface in World of Warcraft no longer displays random corruption when Anti Aliasing is enabled.
* Random flickering is no longer observed in F1 2010 in systems with Crossfire enabled and forced Anti Aliasing enabled in the Catalyst™ Control Center.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
* Green texture corruption may be observed when resolution / video settings are changed in Metro 2033.
* Playing Dead Rising 2 in an Eyefinity configuration may display a black screen with a mouse pointer if Vsync is turned off.
* Video settings might not be retained after enabling / disabling Crossfire.
* The screen may flicker and objects may be duplicated when running Medal of Honor DX11 with Crossfire enabled.
* Texture corruption or missing text may be observed when running Nostradamus the Last Prophecy.
* Menu and Action bar borders may shimmer occasionally when MLAA is enabled in World of Warcraft.
* 8X Anti Aliasing may not be available in certain 3D applications.
Known Issues Under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
* Launching Left 4 Dead 2 in portrait mode may display the “Failed to create D3D device” error message.
* Performing bezel compensation on a 3x2 Eyefinity configuration may cause certain bezel group resolutions to be unavailable.
Known Issues Under All Windows Operating Systems
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst™. These include:
* Green playback may be observed when playing multiple HD streams from Youtube using Flashplayer 10.1.
AMD Product Compatibility:
The AMD Catalyst™ driver is compatible with the following AMD products.
AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon™ HD 6800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5900 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4650 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4550 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4350 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5500 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 5400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4890 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4850 X2 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series
Driver compatibility for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series is currently available for Windows Vista® and Windows 7® only.
AMD FireStream Product Families
AMD FireStream™ 9350
AMD FireStream™ 9250
AMD FireStream™ 9270
AMD FireStream™ 9170
AMD Chipset Product Families
ATI Radeon™ HD 4290
ATI Radeon™ 3200 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4250
ATI Radeon™ 3100 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 Series
ATI Radeon™ 3000 Series
ATI Radeon™ HD 3300 Series
AMD Mobility Product Family Compatibility
AMD Catalyst™ Mobility is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features. When used with Windows Vista or Windows 7, users may have unwanted experiences.
The Installation Verification Software will prevent driver download on certain notebook products. This is to protect against the installing of drivers that may disable features or functionality provided by the system manufacturer. If unwanted experiences occur using Catalyst™ Mobility, it is recommended to revert back to the driver provided by your system vendor for your specific platform. Please contact your system vendor for the most recent drivers for your notebook.
AMD Mobility Product Families
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5800 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3800 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5700 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3200 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5100 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ 3100 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4800 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2700 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4500 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2400 Series
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4200 Series
ATI PowerXpress™ enabled notebooks using AMD chipsets
ATI Mobility Radeon™ 4100 Series
The following notebooks are not compatible with this release:
* Any notebook launched after this driver release
* Switchable Graphics enabled notebooks using Intel® chipsets.
* Toshiba® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
* Sony® VAIO® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
* Panasonic® notebooks (please contact the notebook OEM for driver support for these notebooks)
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.