Home › Drivers › Other Devices
Intel Wireless Display Software 188.8.131.52
Intel WiDi is a solution that enables a user to wirelessly project his or her PC display to a TV across the living room or a projector conference room. The experience is similar to a consumer connecting his or her Notebook PC to a TV via an HDMI cable. Full desktop (including text, presentations, pictures, web content, commercial video discs such as DVD and Blu-ray, and online premium content services like Intel® Insider video) are sent to the TV and audio, up to 6-channel 16-bit/48 kHz LPCM multi-channel audio is rendered in-sync with up to 1080p HD video. This is made possible through a TV adapter that is connected to the TV via a standard HDMI connection or integrated into the HDTV. The TV adapter or integrated receivers wirelessly communicates over 802.11g/n with the WiDi enabled PC and receives its display information in a standard video format.
The usage model is simple: a user with an Intel WiDi Technology-enabled laptop is in the same room as a TV (e.g., living room) with a TV adapter attached or integrated in to the TV. The user selects the adapter/receiver as the source in the TV input selection, and initiates wireless connection from PC. The PC display and audio, if present, will be sent over the wireless connection. Though it is generally useful for desktop remoting, applications requiring very low latency interactions may not be usable.
The adapter setup (first time use) is secure & simple. At the first power on and connection attempt, the adapter displays a security code on the TV screen. The user enters this security code during the initial launch of the WiDi host software, thereby pairing the adapter and host.
- Unified 32/64-bit Software Installer, using single file
- Up to 1080p (Full HD)
- 802.11n PAN support: 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands (non DFS channels)
- Support for Intel ® HD Graphics 3000/4000
- HDCP 2.0 Output Protection to support DVD, Blu-ray,
- Multi-channel sound output: 6-channel
- Lower latency; less than 200ms
- WiDi Widget 1.2 & Extensions Support
- HDMI Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) - “One Touch Play”
- Interoperability with DLNA Receivers (That support AVC/TS file format)
- Support for S3D Half Res (Requires Gen 3.5 TV Adapter & 3rd
- Gen Core™ based PC running 15.28 GFX Driver)
- Low Delay Mode in 720p @ 60fps
- Support for Microsoft* Windows 7 & Windows 8
- For your convenience, Intel provides a generic graphics driver that can be used to enable Blu-Ray, DVD, and Intel Insider movie playback on some Intel WiDi systems. Intel recommends that you check your computer manufacturer's website for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.
- The generic graphics driver cannot be used on Intel WiDi-enabled systems with ATI* graphics. Please check your computer manufacturer's website for the latest system specific updates and technical support information.
- Toshiba* systems with Intel WiDi require a custom graphics driver to enable Blu-Ray, DVD, and Intel Insider movie playback over Intel WiDi. Please check with Toshiba to obtain the correct graphics driver for your system.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.