Home › Drivers › Networking
TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router V1 Firmware 121123
What is the TL-WR702N?
The TL-WR702N is designed for use with tablets, smart phones, handheld game consoles and other portable electronic wireless devices. The device, which can be powered by an external power adapter or USB connection to a computer, can conveniently connect to the internet and share the connection around an average sized room at 150Mbps.The device’s tiny size makes it ideal for use on the road and is powerful enough to satisfy almost any basic wireless application requirement.
Portable and Compact—Ideal for Home and Travel Use
TL-WR702N is the smallest wireless router in the world and very easy to use. A traveler need simply plug a hotel room’s WAN cable into the port provided and enter a default password to instantly create a wireless hotspot in the room.
Flexible Power Supply—Easy to Take on the Road
TL-WR702N has a Micro USB port and can be powered by an external power adapter or via a USB connection to a computer. When traveling, users can plug the TL-WR702N into their computer’s USB port and share their Wi-Fi connection with family and friends.
Multiple Operating Modes
TL-WR702N supports AP, Router, Bridge, Client and Repeater modes to enable various wireless applications to give users a more dynamic and comprehensive wireless networking experience.
TL-WR702N provides WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encryptions, which can effectively and efficiently protect the wireless network. What makes the nano router more powerful is its Pre-Encryption function which sets the initial SSID and Password for users to protect their wireless security.
- Fix a bug that some websites cannot be accessed because of the wrong interpretation of DHCP option33 when connected in dual access mode (Russian PPPoE).
- Please verify the hardware version of your device for the firmware version. Wrong firmware upgrade may damage your device and void the warranty.
- Do NOT turn off the power during upgrade.
- Do NOT upgrade the firmware through wireless connection unless the device only has wireless connection;
- It's recommended that users stop all Internet applications on the computer, or simply disconnect Internet line from the device before upgrade.
- Use decompression software such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the file you download before upgrade.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: