Nvidia nForce v. 4.27 (Windows 98/ME)
- Windows 98SE users should set the desired display mode (resolution and color depth) before restarting the system.
- USB 2.0 is not supported in this package. Contact your product manufacturer for 3rd party drivers to enable this feature.
- Please note that only Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows Millennium Edition are supported. Earlier versions of Windows are not supported.
- Audio drivers will not install on the following nForce2 products: Chaintech 7NJS. Please use the drivers that come with these products to enable audio functionality.
- Installation of DirectX 9.0 or higher is required in order to use NVMixer.
- July 16, 2004: Updated kit to add support for International Languages
- Unified drivers with support for nForce, nForce2, and nForce3 products. This package does not include support for dual-processor systems.
- General compatibility fixes
- Audio Driver Improvements
- Introduced NVMixer – replaces SoundStorm Control Panel for all audio configuration tasks. Note that NVMixer operates best when run at 1024x768 16-bit color
- Introduced improved AC ’97 / Soft Audio driver – adds EQ, speaker cloning, and speaker wizard support
- Introduced Speaker Wizard – incorporates all NVSwap features, ensures correct speaker setup on analog or digital speaker systems
- Introduced Cinesurround – virtual 5.1 mixdown to headphones or 2 speakers
- Introduced new Environments – simple, preset driven sound environments
- Enhanced ASIO support and added support for AC ’97 / Soft Audio systems
- Added user adjustable “rear channel creation” support – adds off, clone, reverb and delay
- Added support for Realtek ALC655 codecs, Realtek ALC658 codecs, and 7.1 support for Realtek ALC850 codecs
- Added support for WMV-HD audio streams and WaveFormatExtensible calls
- Improved playback of mono content
- Addressed audio issues in numerous games and applications
Windows 9x Driver Versions
- Audio driver 4.42
- Audio utilities 4.44
- Ethernet driver 4.33
- GART driver 3.77 (WHQL)
- Memory controller driver 3.38 (WHQL)
- SMBus driver 4.04 (WHQL)
- Installer 4.45
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Receive a weekly update of our best features and tech news you don't want to miss: