The CATALYST™ software suite 4.10 contains the following:
- RADEON™ display driver 8.062
- MULTIMEDIA CENTER™ 9.02
- CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER Version 4.10
- HydraVision™ 3.25.0006
- HydraVision™ Basic Edition 3.25.9006
- REMOTE WONDER™ 2.5
- WDM version 4.07
- Southbridge/IXP Driver
Desktop product family support
Supported on the RADEON 9500, RADEON 9600, RADEON 9700, RADEON 9800, RADEON X300, RADEON X600, or RADEON X800 Series of products.
Note you must have Microsoft’s .NET Version 1.1 Framework installed.
ATI Integrated Product Support
The CATALYST™ software suite is designed to support the following ATI integrated product family:
- RADEON™ IGP 320
- RADEON™ IGP 330
- RADEON™ IGP 340
- RADEON™ 9000 IGP
- RADEON™ 9100 IGP Pro
- RADEON™ 9100 IGP
- IXP 150
- IXP 200
- IXP 250
- IXP 300
Operating systems supported
The latest version of the CATALYST™ software suite is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows platforms:
This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the CATALYST™ Software Suite. New features include:
Enhanced Rotation Support for Extended Desktop View
The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 provides support for Rotation mode in extended desktop view. Currently rotation hotkeys are implemented for simultaneous view but are disabled when the system is in extended desktop mode. This feature will be supported under the Windows XP operating system and is supported on all currently shipping ATI Desktop products.
720p and 1080i HDTV Mode Support
The CATALYST™ Software Suite 4.10 introduces support for both 720p and 1080i HDTV mode for both CRTs and DFPs. A new properties tab labeled Troubleshoot is added to the ATI Classic Control Panel for both the FPD and Monitor properties page. The Troubleshoot tab will allow users to force 720p and 1080i modes.
As with most CATALYST™ releases performance has increased in various situations. The following performance gains are noticed in the game Doom3:
- Performance improves 5 to 8% on the ATI RADEON™ 9500 PRO product
- Performance improves approximately 5% on the ATI RADEON™ 9600 XT
- Performance improves 5 to 9% on the ATI RADEON™ 9700 PRO
- Performance improves 4 to 6% on the ATI RADEON™ 9800 PRO
- Performance improves approximately 4% on the ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT when using higher resolutions
- Performance improves 3 to 14% on the ATI RADEON X800 PRO
- Performance improves 5 to 8% on the ATI RADEON™ X800 XT
- Performance improves approximately 3% on the ATI RADEON™ X300 product
- Performance improves approximately 4.4% on the ATI RADEON™ X600 product
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.