NVIDIA Forceware v. 67.02 drivers BETA (Windows XP/2k)
- Added new Performance and Quality option called “Negative LOD bias” to allow more user control
- Unified Compiler optimizations
- Compatibility fixes (Please view the release notes for a full list of fixes)
- Added support for SLI™
- Added support for using HDTV over DVI connectors
- Added support for 512 MB frame buffer GPUs
- Added support for advanced DVI timing on all GeForce 6 series GPUs
- Added support to recognize and display monitor name in all control panels
- Added support for TV/HDTV setup in the nView Display Setup Wizard
- Updated Gridlines for easier grid setup and management
- Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support
Release 65 supports the new Scalable Link Interface (SLI) technology for improved performance using dual high-end graphics cards1 that support SLI technology.
The following combinations of PCI Express graphics cards & chipsets are supported in this release of the driver:
• GeForce 6800 Ultra + GeForce 6800 Ultra & Intel® E7525
• GeForce 6800 Ultra + GeForce 6800 Ultra & NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
• GeForce 6800 GT + GeForce 6800 GT & Intel® E7525
• GeForce 6800 GT + GeForce 6800 GT & NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
• GeForce 6600 GT + GeForce 6600 GT & NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
1. Cards must be of the same vendor and model number.
512 MB Frame Buffer Support
ForceWare Release 65 graphics drivers provide memory management techniques for supporting 512 MB versions of the new generation of NVIDIA graphics cards, such as the GeForce 6800 or Quadro FX 4000 and later.
Release 65 supports Windows XP SP2 and will support the next version of Windows XP Media Center Edition—”Symphony”.
Enhancements in Driver Performance
The ForceWare Release 65 graphics driver offers improved stability and robustness in DirectX and 2D graphics.
Video enhancements in Release 65 include
• Optimized motion compensation and video processing to take advantage of the capabilities of the newest generation of NVIDIA GPUs.
• Support for Microsoft’s Certified Output Protection Protocol (COPP)
• Improved media capture interface 3D Graphics API Enhancements
• DirectX Enhancements
• DirectX 9.0c Compatibility
• Supports the capabilities of the newest generation of NVIDIA GPUs for improved DirectX shader handling and reduced CPU overhead
• OpenGL Enhancements
• Improved and more efficient vertex_buffer_object (VBO) handling
• More efficient memory management for improved performance under DualView
HDTV Support Enhancements
Release 65 offers improved HDTV over DVI underscan support, exposed through the NVIDIA control panel.
Desktop Manager and Control Panel Improvements
Release 65 includes the following improvements in the Desktop Manager and control panel:
• New Negative LOD Bias control page (effective with version 67.03)
• High Resolution Scalable Desktop Performance
• Desktop Manager Wizards
• Desktop Manager Hot Keys, Toolbars, and Gridlines
• Application Profiles
• Control Panel User Interface
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.