BE6-2 motherboard review
Posted by Adam
Klein on February 3, 2000 - Page 4/5
2 Slot 1 BX based motherboard
on Overclocking and Benchmarking
first overclocked setting I tried was 666MHz using the 133MHz
bus. Everything was fine here too. The GeForce DDR and my
other devices using the PCI bus did not act up on me either.
This was to be expected though, since I have had these same
components running wile using the 148MHz bus when I had the
Pentium III 450. 666MHz for the Coppermine was extremely fast
and already blown past my P3 450 in terms of performance.
Next, I went for the speed that everyone is talking about,
700MHz. I set the FSB to 140MHz.
Davis' CPUMark 99 score= 68
everthing came up fine and a couple loops in Unreal, some
testing in Winbench 99, and looping Final Reality past all
while using the default voltage of 1.6V. I then went for the
next speed on my list, 750MHz. Everything seemed fine at
first, but 5 minutes later the system locked up hard. I tried
voltage increases from 1.6V to 1.8V and they did nothing to
increase stability at 750MHz.
next logical course was to back down bit by bit in between
700MHz and 750MHz to see what the maximum speed of the CPU
could be. I found that 715MHz was the most I could get out of
my 500E. This is extremely fast. I tested the CPU in a 24 hour
period to make sure 715MHz was 100% stable and definitely it
to next page !