0x0000007e bugcode_usb_driver

**EDIT** 0x000000FE (sorry)

I am trying to help solve this issue for a friend. The PC is a HP touchsmart iq775. AMD turion 64 x2, 2GB memory. This is an AIO PC but I have a second unit to pull parts from. Windows vista home premium 32bit SP2 with all current updates.
No consistency with BSOD. sometimes within a min or two of turning on, sometimes while trying to open programs or access webcam, once it ran for 2 days then when shutting down, it BSOD'd, I have disabled sleep (thinking it was a USB wake issue). Verified advanced power settings have USB select suspend setting disabled. I have ran memtest86+ (3 passes) without issue. tested the hard drive with WD datalifeguard. wiped the harddrive and push out a clean image. I have swapped the front USB connections from the motherboard. I'm at a loss and I dont know how to read/interpret minidumps.

I appreciate the help, thank you!

Attachments

• Mini_dumps.zip
    543.5 KB · Views: 1
Is there a removable Nvidia video card in this all-in-one computer? If so try swapping it out. The minidump points to a Nvidia driver issue. Also, memtest86 should be run for a minimum 7 passes

Ironically, that is the one part that failed in the "spare" unit (no video at all). I decided to remove the card from the system I am working on and re-flow the GPU on the card, I replaced the silicon pads and removed the stock thermal paste and replaced with Arctic Silver compound. As of now, I have had it running OCCT and FurMark on and off for the past 1.5 days. So far all seems to be good, however, I have had the system running stable this long before this "procedure" so I am not guaranteed out of the woods yet

And again, 2 hours after my last post. another crash. same 0x000000FE. I am about to throw in the towel. Unless anyone has any other wacky ideas.?.?.?

Back