0x000000F4

Rildurx

Been getting the same BSOD with increasing frequency regardless of reformatting/ following troubleshooting guides for it, so now it's time to consult the pros. have the minidumps.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    132.4 KB · Views: 5
Any idea what your computers specs are? What version of Windows are you running, and what antivirus software are you using?. All the minidumps are the same non-discript:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Ntoskrnl.exe
You have re-formatted. Have you checked or replaced your memory? Memtest86 is a good tool to use. Burn the pre-compiled bootable .iso version 4.20 file to a disc and boot the computer with it. Let memtest86 run for at least 7 passes:
http://www.memtest.org/

picked up a build for the fiance from ibuypower because I didn't feel like building it myself (never again), so I don;'t have ALL the specs (mainly lacking names of manufacturers)but I have most. I usually use malwarebytes and sometimes iobit for virus control, but I get maybe 1 on either system a year if that so nothing major. I have not checked the memory but I will very shortly (within the next hour or so of this post)

what program would you reccomend for burning it?

i5 2550
8 gigs ddr3
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 MoBo
AMD Radeon HD 7750 - 1GB
600 Watt PSU
Liquid CPU Cooling System
1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
windows 7 home premium 64bit

the main thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around when I wonder if hardware is the issue is: why would the BSOD be less frequent after each reformat? if theres something wrong with the hardware wouldn't it occur regularly? or more frequently as the RAM or HDD worsens? a reformat doesn't have anything to do with RAM does it? been wondering about software but have been very careful to update the drivers this past time and still the same issue.

"a reformat doesn't have anything to do with RAM does it?" No but it can stress a dying hard drive

Who made the hard drive? Go to their support site and download and run the diagnostic software

seagate am doing that as we speak :). thanks for the help so far btw I have never had such an issue with BSOD you guys on this forum are just amazing to spend your time and effort to help noobs like me lol.

hmm the diagnostic software doesn't see my hdd when I boot it up. don't suppose you know the fix for this? I can boot the pc to windows so it IS there.. but the program doesn't seem to know it :p

k got it to work it passes the short test doing th long now.. let's say it passes? should I swap my PSU with hers to check that? (dont have a volt checker :( )?

I also have two new minidumps (at least one was a different bluescreen) but getting an access denied error when I try to zip them.. I'll get them up here as soon as I figure out how to bypass this...

yes, I used both the regular version and the bootable and it passed every single test short and long.. yay? lol I was hoping it was fried just so I could fix the issue :(

can I plug the HDD into this computer and run a scan on it that way? or should I get and run it on the potentially infected HDD?

Run it on the (infected) hard drive. The minidumps are:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Ntoskrnl.exe
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Ntoskrnl.exe
You've seen these before... Run MSE

No Problem...The cat's name is Tipper. He has a black and white ringed tail with a white tip. He is 5 years old. I don't know what to try next, maybe another power supply?

yeah thats what I was thinking myself. havent seen a BSOD in a bit actually. there was an issue last night I thought I would run netflix and see what would happen.. I remember waking up and seeing a blinking _ in the top left of the screen and that was it.. I then couldn't boot the computer I had to go with the last known good config. I'm wondering if theres an issue with the sleep/hibernate features. I saw alot of that while trying to figure out the problem before I came here. I have been trying to connect the dots and nothing leads me to any particular part hardware or software that could be the issue. lol this is driving me crazy! at some point I'll swap out the PSU from this pc with that one. and see if anything changes (once I get another BSOD. perhaps the pc gods will smile on me and fix it by magic? ;) )

Back