0x40000080 crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minomol

Hi there.
I just bought a new machine, msi gx620, installed most of the drivers, except a lan driver and the bios update.
here's what I get very often:

stop: 0x40000080 (0x87E908858, 0x87E87B48, 0xF78BEF98, 0x00000001)

Can someone please tell me the cause, and the solution? What should i do? is it because of those missing drivers?
Thanks..

Hello Minomol
In the Minidump subfolder of your windows directory, you will find some files.
Please attach 3 or 4 of the most recent to your next post.
I suspect you do have a driver isssue, and these minidump files should help us to isolate the issue.
More complete system specs are often helpful also... (though not always essential)
The minidumps will reveal your os and service pack.

Hi there, so i just wanted to ask, how's the progress? I do not want to be rude or anything, i am just curious ;]

I though i finally solved my problems because i finally managed to install all the necessary drivers, but i was wrong, there was another crash today....

Here's a question, isn't it possible that a wrong file system is causing these crashes? While installing win xp i choose fat32 file system, cos i didn't know what it was for...Now i know i should've choosen NTFS...

thanks..

Re: your minidumps...

First, & Second Dumps - Error Code - 40000080
Faulting Process - FlrnDTM.sys = Flarion USB Nic Driver
resolved here https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95219.html
by updating this driver

Third, Fourth, & Fifth
Error Code - 0xFE
USBPORT.SYS - 00000004, IRP_URB_DOUBLE_SUBMIT The caller has submitted an irp that is already pending in the USB bus driver.
See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms797153.aspx

Updating your NIC driver may or may not resolve the second issue. Still looking at it, and will update with an edit again. Edit completed

Per MS... Here
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...RP_URB_DOUBLE_SUBMIT&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
This is a common hardware error. This error can also be detected by Driver Verifier when the cancel routine is set by Usbport.sys for the transfer.

Note that they say it is a "hardware" error, rather than software (driver)...
This makes me wonder if updating your usb driver will help. It may be worth trying though...
If your USB are "on board"... updating your chipset drivers may do it. Do this from the website of the maker of your board.
If your USB are an add-in pci card, then you may need a generic driver, which you should be able to find, if not on TechSpot, then through Google.
If driver updates do not do it, then it is a hardware issue. USB add-in cards are cheap. I would disable the onboard if this is where they are currently, then add a new card.

Re: Fat32 vs ntfs, such choices may have adverse consequences in some cases, while others have no problems with fat32. I see nothing (yet!) to suggest that fat32 is giving you issues.There are reasons for choosing fat32, and you seem to be savvy enough to be able to research what is best for your case.

By the naming conventions, there were additional minidumps that you did not attach. Was there a reason for skipping them?

I hope this helps. I'll look for your reply.
Final Edit Completed ~2pm GMT.

What you have written here is a little too much for me and it will take me some time to do everything you suggested.

Sometimes i have problems understanding, my english is not that good (yet) ;]

Anyhow, I am very very grateful for everything you've done here, and i will let you know when i get some results ;]

As for the other minidumps, I only thought that i have two problems, the one with the usb hub, and the second with the 0x40000080. Maybe there are more but i do not know, since i didn't actually see the crash blue screens, i turned on the 'do not automaticly reboot after a bluescreen' setting only recently.

Here's a link to a rar archive with all my minidump files: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzkdq0zwjnj

Sorry... Since you have trouble with English, I am typing v e r y s l o w l y. :haha:

Let me try to abbreviate...

Try here for your NIC Driver update... http://download.cnet.com/Flarion-USB-Network-Interface/3000-2112_4-78782.html
Since this is a USB NIC card, it may be related to your USB errors.

If updating the NIC Driver doesn't solve the problems, updating your Main Board Drivers may help.

If your USB is an add-in card, there may be issues with the card, and as cheap as they are, swapping out the USB card may do it.

There is another problem. When i click that link you provided, and lick 'download', i get linked to this site : http://www.qualcomm.com/qft/

I already searched for this 1.0.0.4 driver (mine is 1.0.0.1), and everywhere, on every single site where they claim they have the driver, i get linked to the same qualcomm page.

On the page I do not have clue where to find the driver, i tried searching it and everything, but nothing helped.

I am really sorry maybe you will not have a problem finding that driver on the site, but I really have no clue...

Looks like qualcom has changed their site layout since the links were posted...:confused:
You might try the contact option, let them know your need (driver version 1.0.0.4)
at the email listed on that page... (not supposed to post emails here, you know...)
You also might continue trying google in your search for that driver... :D
It would be nice to know how zrrger did it in this thread... https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95219.html :suspiciou

Added Thought... there is another way of looking for a suitable driver, if you would like to try it...
Go to...
Start | My Computer | Properties | Hardware | Device Manager |
Click on your Network Adapter... then The Details tab..
Under Hardware ID's
You will see information formatted per the following, just with different details...
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_202D161F&REV_10
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_202D161F
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&20000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&CC0200

With the VEN and DEV codes we can search for a different driver that may be suitable.

Your VID (Vendor ID) is 1291
and PID (Product ID) is 0010
Your Device Name is Flarion USB Nic Driver

After spending better than an hour searching for another way to get a driver for you,
at this point I would recommend contacting Qualcom here...
http://www.qctconnect.com/about_us/qct_contact.html

This is a webform, and it is specifically for making driver requests...
I would say something like...
I have received Error Code - 40000080: Faulting Process - FlrnDTM.sys = Flarion USB Nic Driver
I have been advised to update my driver from 1.0.0.1 to the latest version. Though Websearches indicate that there is a version 1.0.0.4, I have not been able to access a download for it. Can you please help.

Alternatively you could try Driveragent. I do not recommend Driver Detective or DriversHQ.

The maker of the chipset for your NIC card is - NCS Computer Italia, whose website is - www.ncscomputer.191.it
Their contacts are listed here - http://www.ncscomputer.191.it/contact.html
but it does not appear that they offer driver downloads... you can check their site if you wish.

Or you might find it easier simply to replace the nic card.

I am going to ask someone else to check this thread, and see if I missed something.
If he has further suggestions, he will make them here too.

Sorry I could not be more help.

If you were living somewhere nearby, i would invite you for a couple of beers for everything you've done for me here ;]

I already used Driver Genius, it found around five drivers, but none of them was the NIC driver...

This is the reply from qualcomm:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding QCT Software and Drivers. For assistance with software and drivers, please contact your device manufacturer.

I don't even know who the manufacturer is.

Anyhow i am going to change my internet provider so my device will be changed too, in about two months, so I'll just have to endure this ;]

If I might add some general comments, and things to do/try…

Questions:
  1. For your stop 0x40000080 crash problem: Does it occur randomly? Or do you notice any specific actions that occur just before or around when it happens?
  2. You indicate you have MSI GX620? I found the MSI notebook site here but i'm not finding any driver support on their site! (I click Customer Care->Product Support and all that I see is they say Coming Soon?!)
    >> Where are you finding the BIOS and driver downloads you’re using??
  3. I'm guessing you'll find a tag on the bottom of your notebook. Check the tag on your notebook for the complete model number and see what appears after the hyphen (e.g. GX620-001US). And please tell us
  4. Also Click for how to determine whether you are running 32 or 64 bit windows. Are you 32- or 64-bit?

Next Steps
Would recommend you try (see below):
>> Run Windows Updates
>> Check Device Manager
>> Re-install your motherboard chipset drivers (hoping we can find them for your MSI notebook!)

Windows Update
Make sure you’ve applied all Windows critical and hardware optional updates.
>> It's not clear from your post if you already have but is good to double check all needed updates have been applied.
>> Make sure all your hardware is connected and powered on.
>> Run Microsoft Update and click Custom Update. Be sure to install all critical and hardware optional updates (software optional are up to you)

Check if Device Manager is Reporting any Problem Devices
Follow these steps to see if Device Manager is reporting any "Problem Devices" after you boot and prior to the blue screen crash (i.e. devices with status= an error code)
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

MSI Chipset drivers
I prefer we get these from MSI if possible. I don't understand why they don't have support and drivers listed for your MSI notebook model! I was going to contact MSI myself (given contact info i found on their website) but then saw they will only talk to the registered product owner
>> Could you try contact MSI to ask them where the heck the driver downloads are for your computer?? It would be useful to see what MSI is offering for driver downloads even if we decide to recommend you download/use something else​

FAT vs NTFS
When it comes to computers, the only thing for 100% certain seems to be that nothing is 100% for certain! ;) That said, I agree with B00kWyrm, that it’s very, very unlikely that FAT vs NTFS is part of your current problem.

But I'll add: Once all all your other problems are fixed, you should consider whether you should convert your disk drive from FAT to NTFS (for reasons not-related to your currrent problems)
  • Pro: NTFS is a more robust and flexible filesystem then FAT
  • Pro: All your computers can read and share an NTFS formatted drive
  • Con: Some devices (e.g. some gaming and media devices) may require FAT if you want to share the disk drive with them. So also good to check all your device requirements before converting

@Looking around... Thanks for looking!

@ Minomol - Follow LookingAround's post closely! Should have started with the obvious, I guess. :eek:
In part it brings us back to the mainboard drivers, and since the computer was shipped with Vista, they may not have drivers for XP.
Was there a reason to downgrade to XP Home SP3 from the manufacturers installed OS (Vista Home)?

Looks like they do have some xp drivers for the -001 ... http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1529
here is the chipset driver download... http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=driverfile&dno=7724&i=0
others are on the previous page...

Ahhh.. a system downgrade to XP. I was wondering about that as i skimmed through the thread but didn't catch that fact for certain.

Makes it even more important to fully identify your exact MSI model with the info after the hypen! (MSI GX620-????)

Answers:

1: They do occur only when I am browsing the internet.

2: I also found all my drivers in here: http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=do...5&prod_no=1529 , and some of them are even updated now, so when I tried to install this: http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=dr...e&dno=7724&i=0 , the chipset driver, and i got this message: "This computer currently contains software version 9.1.1.1014, which is newer than the version you are about to install."

3: MSI GX620X-270CZ is probably the thing you were looking for.

4: And I have chosen 32bit windows, because I think 64-bit windows is not worth it yet....
32 bit win XP home edition, service pack 3.

As for the OS downgrade...I did not downgrade, I have not bought this machine directly from the manufacturer, I bought it from an online shop www.alza.sk , and they were selling it without an operating system, which suited me, because 95% of computers with operating systems have Vista on them. I do not like vista. And i already had a legal copy of windows xp home edition.

I already installed all the windows updates. Funny thing here is, that when I srarted with this machine, installed windows, some drivers, and the machine crashed every 15 minutes, until I ran the Windows Update for the first time...After that, it stopped crashing for a day, and then it started again, but not that often, now it is around 3 times a day.

Problem devices -> empty.

I found out that my 'help and support' service was disabled, after I installed the windows I did some changes in services following a certain guide, disabling useless ones, here's the guide if you were interested :D http://www.devotedgeek.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-useless-windows-xp-services/
Now I enabled the service, maybe it'll help some ;]

And one more thing, I downloaded the service pack 3 a year ago, and had it stored. Is it possible that there is a newer version of this service pack?

Thanks a lot for everything, fellas! Hope i answered all the questions.

I am thinking the only problem here is that stupid little flarion USB NIC driver...I just don't understand why it worked properly on my older machine, which had the same operating system...

I am thinking the only problem here is that stupid little flarion USB NIC driver...I just don't understand why it worked properly on my older machine, which had the same operating system...

I think we may have just isolated the problem. Drivers are hardware specific.
A driver for your older machine may work, or (probably) will not work with the hardware on your new machine.

I would delete this driver from the system,
As for your SP3... once we get your NIC driver so you can get online,
yes, you should go back to MS, because further updates and patches have been issued since the SP3 was rolled out.

According to ... http://www.edcz.cz/main.aspx?cls=ProductDetail&pro_id=286342 - Your NIC Card is Intel 3945AGN mini-PCI card -
Try the WLAN driver listed right after the audio drivers, here... http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=135&prod_no=1529
Only if that does not work should you try the intel site, here ... http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/resources/doc_library/tech_brief/310796.htm
I suspect the driver on the Intel site will not have all the features of the MSI driver.

If this does not work, then look for the problem devices, per the instructions from Looking Around...
When you find the problem device, THEN get the VID/PID, or VEN/DEV codes... Then maybe we can find the right driver...
It looks like maybe we were getting the VID/PID from the driver itself, rather than from the hardware that is trying to use the driver.

Hopefully LookingAround is still looking over our shoulders here too...
Your best place to get the drivers is from the MSI source. Only if you cannot get the right driver there should we start looking elsewhere.

After further research, it looks like maybe the 3945 agn should be denoted as 4965agn...
The 4965agn is an upgrade to the existing 3945abg wireless card ...
Once the Flarion driver is out of the way, we should be able to get a good read on this though... if needed.

Hey Minomol, if your problem persists here’s some more info (I hope) may help

1) Minomol: You say your English isn’t good? You may not speak fluent “computer geek” but I think your English is excellent! :)

2) I have to say MSI has multiple and confusing web sites when looking for driver support!
(or at least it's been the first time I’ve had so much problem of finding system driver downloads!) Thanks to both you and B00kWyrm for pointing me to what appears to be the MSI GX620 driver download site. But before judging/selecting any of the drivers on their download page I need to be confident about your machine hardware​
3) But since MSI detail about your specific model is in Czech? (and even then, I find some of MSI’s English specs are sometimes missing details about their specific devices!) I’ll ask you to run a Microsoft command line tool that reports much specific info about your hardware devices and drivers. (It will generate lots of data but, for your case, I hope will help find the detail needed to hopefully find and fix your driver issues for your specific hardware)
How to install Devcon
To dump internal device and driver info we use a Microsoft command utility called Devcon. Click to download the Devcon package
>> When prompted and it asks "Unzip to Folder" overwrite the default and enter C:\devcon then click Unzip
>> Copy the file C:\devcon\I386\DevCon.exe to C:\Windows\System32

Now you download my attached file DevDump4NetDevices.txt, save it to your Desktop, then you need to rename the extension to DevDump4NetDevices.bat so you can click it to run as a batch file. (Expect it to take up to 30-45 seconds to complete). It'll create an output .txt file on your Desktop. Just attach it to your next post​

4) Also a good way to check on all your current installed drivers and versions (as well as your Windows Services if need be) download Serviwin
>> Run it and click View->Drivers to see your all your drivers and versions
>> btw.. you can View->Services for detail about services if also needed

Here goes:
View attachment 50053

thanksalot ;]

Today, right after a 0x40000080 bsod, during startup, another kind of BSOD appeared, 0x0000000A. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
The next startup was ok. Just wanted you to know, maybe this can help isolating the problem even more....

just quick feedback...

Cross-matched between:
Hardware IDs, Driver Names and versions shown by Devcon vs. drivers offered on the MSI driver download page

Noting the MSI Website is providing both Vista and XP32 drivers

Network LAN Card
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&REV_01
Driver Version: XP 32: 5.698.0701.2008_WHQL
>> This driver and version is already on your computer. Use Device Manager->Driver tab to verify if this is actual version number your computer selected to run

Your Wireless Net Card
Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_10261A3B&REV_01\4&3905AE0C&0&00E3
Driver Version: 7.4.2.105
>> This driver and version is on your machine. Altho it looks like you have an even more recent version then this on your computer as well. What does Device Manager say is running?

Flarion DTM Net Interface

Hardware ID: USB\VID_1291&PID_0010\012345
I need check further on just what type of net interface it provides. But a quick quess: Is this possible a broadband wireless network card? A card which lets you pick up wireless data access via your cell phone carrer????

is just a quick update. Probably won't have a chance to post anything further till tomorrow.

/* EDIT */
btw.. i had originally assumed the Flarion was an onboard network adapter that came with your MSI. (MSI specs only showed your computer came with LAN and wireless adapters but didn't indicate exactly which were used onboard - so i assumed incorrectly!) But now i'm guessing it's a network adapter you plugged into a USB port? Could you clarify how it connects to your MSI?

But, more specifically, it's for cellular broadband data, yes? (e.g. you already have a LAN network modem internal to your MSI computer)
/* EDIT */
You also have a wireless card (for use with a home wireless router) so the USB network card i'm guessing is for a broadband cellular data network? And.. who did you get the network card from? Is there any make/model info to be seen on it?

/* EDIT */
The hardware IDs it shows identify the chip vendor whose device chip is inside the network card. But the network card product is often manufactured by someone else who uses the chip inside as one of the parts. We'd also want to look at the manufacturer's website for drivers as well if we can identify and find it

I have this flarion modem from a slovakian telecomunications company, T-Mobile. They provide mobile internet connection, I do not quite know how to explain myself, it's like a wireless connection through a satelite or something...it is a modem with a signal receiver.

So i looked up the term 'cellular broadband data' on wikipedia, and the answer is yes :D So it is not through a satelite, it is a cellular broadband.

Hi Minomol

Finally had a chance to look through all your info. Unfortunately, I don’t have a simple answer or fix. Best I can do is offer some information about your situation and suggestions

It would seem you have 2 issues to focus on
  1. Making sure you computer is running OK without any external USB or other devices attached and
  2. Seeing that your computer runs OK after you also connect additional devices (e.g. your USB cellular data modem so you can connect to T-mobile)
Since you said you have all drivers loaded and no Problem Device reported by Device Manager, let’s assume for the moment your computer is OK and we first address issue #2 (your USB Network adapter).​
Your Flarion USB Net Adapter
  • I can see that B00kwyrm worked quite hard to find a driver update. I tried looking as well but was equally unsuccessful
  • At this point, I think your best chance at finding a newer or different driver (or finding any support for the Flarion device) will be through T-mobile
  • If the Flarion continues to fail you may even want to check with T-mobile about purchasing a newer/different device from them that you can test with your new computer (with an option to return if it turns out to be your computer and the new device fails as well)
Other things you might otherwise choose to try
  • Since many of your errors are related to USB and USB devices, see [post=751005]How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers[/post]
  • Another thing you might try: reinstall all the drivers and their versions exactly as posted on the MSI driver download site. Here’s why it MIGHT make a difference
The reasoning behind the above:
=> The motherboard (and everything internal to your computer) is "integration tested" (in this case by MSI) to verify it work with all the device chips and device drivers used by MSI when they built the computer
=> Integration testing is supposed to verify everything on your computer "works together” correctly. For your computer and your motherboard, the specific drivers/versions used for integration testing are what you find on MSI website.
>> It MIGHT make a difference (I couldn’t predict) to try running your computer with the original set of drivers/driver versions as approved for use and published on the MSI site
>> Then only upgrade the drivers for your computer’s internal and onboard devices if you find updates recommended either by MSI or Windows Update
>> Add-on/external devices, are SUPPOSED to work with "integration tested" version of your computer. So for add-on/external devces (like your USB net adapter) you can update them as you find newer drivers or as needed​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back