16GB-32GB flash drive options..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pioneerx01

I am looking to buy a new flash drive. I am looking for 16GB or 32GB drive. There is only two requirements: cap-less, and at least 10MBps Up/Down speed. I have hit up all the usual site (newegg, tiger direct, and amazon) with some luck but I am not willing to spent over $100 for a flash drive.

Any ideas?

I have a Patriot Dash 16GB and it meets your requirements, but barely. Writing to it after several minutes is probably down in the 15MB/sec range after initially starting out at 70+.

Avoid the Patriot Razzo 16GB, I also have it (bought it when I thought I lost my Dash) and it is painfully slow. There is also a 32GB version of it, but I imagine it also sucks.

I don't have any experience with the Xporter XT Boosts, but by the name alone I expect that it would be faster than my Dash. But it is uglier than both the Dash and the Razzo :D

Don't know anything about other brands because my only other flash drive is a 1GB Sandisk Cruzer Mini and its pretty slow, but at 1GB even slow doesn't take too long to fill. Just be wary of Sandisk because of the U3 crap that is on the new ones (thankfully mine doesn't have it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back