2 specific websites will not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockindaddy

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago I had a couple websites that I use often stop loading on one computer. I have 2 computers on the same network and it works fine on the other computer. My Internet provider is Wildblue sattlite dish that goes to a modem then a lynksys router. The computer I am having a problem with runs on Vistas home edition and the other computer without the problem is XP home edition. I have done the 8 step process and will post the logs below. Furthermore, when I updated my Java there is now an error message that will not stop popping up. I've attached a screenshot of it as well. The 2 websires in question are www.modelmayhem.com and www.hdforums.com. Any help would be much appreciated as I am pulling my hair out! (What's left of it) Thank you!

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-08 (06-59-50).txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-08-2010 - 08-22-42.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Java error screen shot.jpg
    Java error screen shot.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 7
  • hijackthis 01-08-2010.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 3
Run this scanner:
http://virscan.org/

Directions:
Copy and paste the following file path into the "Suspicious files to scan" box on the top of the page:
c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

Click on the Upload button
If a pop-up appears saying the file has been scanned already, please select the ReScan button.
Once the Scan is completed, click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the link of the report into the Clipboard.
Paste the contents of the Clipboard in your next reply

Also scan these,

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

If this scan runs for you, please paste the log in next reply.

I scanned all three files and all the scanners said "Found Nothing". It also said that since the files had already been scanned they would not be saved in the database and the "copy to clipboard" button did not work. So I saved the webpages as text files and attached them. Hope that is good enough. Thank you!

Attachments

• svchost_exe MD53794b461c45882e06856f282eef025af - VirSCAN_org Scanners did not find malware!.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
  • userinit_exe MD50e135526e9785d085bcd9aede6fbcbf9 - VirSCAN_org Scanners did not find malware!.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 1
  • explorer_exe MD5d07d4c3038f3578ffce1c0237f2a1253 - VirSCAN_org Scanners did not find malware!.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 1
Make sure you have the latest and proper versions of Adobe Flash and Shockwave installed. Also you have the lastest version of Sun's Java installed. You may have to delete all old versions of Java first. Check out these instructions:

Dealing with Java

Yes, I have the most current versions of Adobe Flash & Shockwave and Java. All earlier versions were already deleted before I did all the scans. I just opened IE with all add on's disabled and was able to load the first & second page of the website, but then it locked up again and wouldn't display. I also disconnected my router and plugged the cable directly into the modem. Again, the first and second page of the website loaded, but then stoopped displaying again. I just checked the other computer on the same network and it is still working fine for both websites. This is soooo weird.

The 2 websires in question are www.modelmayhem.com and www.hdforums.com. Any help would be much appreciated as I am pulling my hair out! (What's left of it) Thank you!

The Error message is very cryptic but is complaining about a Microsof Jscript syntax error.
Using both urls cited, the error does not show up on the home pages using Firefox 3.5.4

It looks like a transient programmer's error :)

Hey,

I suggest the following and tell me what happens:

Close IE
Reset IE using too TOOLS==>INTERNETOPTIONS ==>ADVANCED ==>RESET

Start ==> RUN==> regsvr32 jscript.dll

start ==> all programs ==> windows update

Regardless if they are updates or not restart PC after windows update.

I'm not sure how to do this:

Start ==> RUN==> regsvr32 jscript.dll

I have Windows Vistas on this computer and there is no "run" button on the start menu.

I did the other stuff and still have the same problem. For what it's worth, I noticed that when I type in the website and hit the go button it says 'connecting" in the tab, but then goes back to the same page I was on. So I have to do it again for it to really start loading the page which then after a long wait ends in a "this webpage cannot be displayed" message.

click start under search look for run, it should populate it under the all programs. click it and past what i wrote.

Ok lets try this again:

Start
"Right ontop of Start" there should be a blank white area which says "start search". In that blank area type "run"

When you type "run" it should populate the run command o the top here is a screen shot:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
OK, I ran that file and it came up with a window that said it "succeeded". Did all the others things and still no change.

I don't usually do this, but in this case I will make an exception. The member who began helping you has copied my composed directions. He is using them to give members instructions. But unfortunately, he does not know when the programs are indicated or what the following step would be.

With your permission, I'd like to start over. First, using Firefox, I accessed both sites without incident. That would appear to mean that there is some setting in your browser that is preventing the access.

First of all, it is usually an add-on that causes these errors. So we'll do 2 steps:
Step 1:
Open Internet Options through Tools in IE or the Control Panel> Advanced tab> Browsing section> there are 3 entries referring to 'script'> set this way:
Disable Script Debugging- Internet Explorer> Check
Disable Script Debugging> Other> Check
Display a notification about every script error> Uncheck

Then click on Apply> OK

Now either do a disc cleanup or delete the temporary internet files and also remove any Cookies you have for the sites. If any changes have been made on the site and you are loading from a shortcut or bookmark, you will have 'old' information. So by cleaning up, you remove that. IF you are using a shortcut or bookmark for the sites, type the site URL in new in the Address Bar when you finish the rest and are ready to try again.

Now reboot the computer and try the 2 sites. IF you can access, we're through.

Step 2:
If you still cannot access, remove the add-ons through Tools> Manage add-on. Put them back in one at a time and try the sites. When you add one and can't get the sites, you have the culprit.

A recommendation: take this site out of the Trusted Zone: O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.modelmayhem.com
You do not Need it in that zone, where the security is lower. It is not safe.

You had some junk adware malware but it is not likely the kind it is is causing the problem with the 2 sites. But if my suggestions above have resolver the problem with the sites, we'll check and make sure all of those entries were removed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tmagic, I have already sent in complaints about what you are doing in this forum. You don't know what you're doing, when to instructed programs be run and how to follow up. If you do not bring this to a stop, I will request you be banned.

Hi Bobbye,

Thank you for your response. I tried your first step and was able to log on the first & second page of Model mayhem after waiting for about 2 minutes each page to load then it would not load after that. Then I then tried disabling all the add ons and got the same result. I had tried disc clean up and resetting IE before and got the same result. I also went to delete history in IE options and noticed the top button was checked which reads "Preserve website favorites", so I thought Ah Ha! That's it! I unchecked it and deleted history and still the same result. This is really getting frustrating. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back