2 wire 2 pin telephone cable

Macho

A peripherial MFC, now has Wi-Fi to connect to routher, and no need for RJ45 cable. The telephone connection is just below the platen on the back besides the Extention for a telephone. The extension is usually smaller
for a connector.

Whats supplied by the manufacturer is a two wire cord. Using a 6 wire cord may not work.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? RJ45 is an eight pin networking cable. It has nothing to do with telephone.

You mentioned it yourself. Telephone uses six pin (RJ12 or RJ11) for upto three phone lines. If one phone line is all that is used. The center two pins (usually red and green) are all that is used. The other four pins may be ignored or taken out of the connector. But that doesn't mean a six pin wire and connector will not work.

What are you talking about? RJ45 is an eight pin networking cable. It has nothing to do with telephone.

You mentioned it yourself. Telephone uses six pin (RJ12 or RJ11) for upto three phone lines. If one phone line is all that is used. The center two pins (usually red and green) are all that is used. The other four pins may be ignored or taken out of the connector. But that doesn't mean a six pin wire and connector will not work.
I have a Brother MFC-8820D from the year 2004 with 1394 USB connector to USB 3.0 that has worked well. Comes with PaperPort but Microsoft XP.
I wanted to update, so I have a Brother MFC-L2750dw. A Wi-Fi connection to my router is available as well as a 1394 USB to USB 3.0.
Somehow I am knocking myself out of reaching the internet, due to my
telephone lines getting knocked out. They I have to reset my router.
Connecting the telephone line to the jack and then trying to FAX causes
a problem. I've looked at Vblogs on YouTube, and a few others have problems and suggest that it must be the need for a DSL telephone line that has only two pins.
I will have to use the old MFC until I straighten this out. I do not know why not use the USB 1394 to USB 3.0, since it keeps me out of the router. I only have one license for PaperPort, so I have to keep to use one computer.
Since that is the license, Wi-Fi used by other computers can't be used or interfere.

Ahh, thanks for the clarity. We have an MFC-9460CDN. But all we use it for is copying and printing. Other than cartridge replacements. We don't have any issues with it. Good luck in your search.

Ahh, thanks for the clarity. We have an MFC-9460CDN. But all we use it for is copying and printing. Other than cartridge replacements. We don't have any issues with it. Good luck in your search.

The authorized training video specifies 2 wire 2 pins. I tried it and it works. From my Brother MFC-L2750dw on my fax line, I was having problems with previously to my home telephone with an old fax machine set up. Works perfectly back and forth.
On the MFC there are 4 pins from the inline jack. Just two pins are required so it does make a difference.

They showed a Compatability setting. I used HIGH. They used VoiP. They called that basic, but I do not think that could be right. Voice over IP is not what we are doing.

Back