2FA botched on an account

I have encountered a problem that I do not know how to handle. I've been a TS user for a few years on an account named "enemys". I have Google Authenticator app set up as a second factor, I know the password and I have the access to the mail tied to this account. I haven't been using the account for a few months, but like a week ago I decided to log back in and... Boom, 2FA is not matching. Every code I try to provide from GAuth app is wrong. I thought it might be connected to recent registration issues, but it is not. The only option to log in is to provide a backup code, but unfortunately I don't have any saved. I tried to look for any ways of contacting site support, but found none, so I decided to create a second account, so that I can post here.

Is there anything I could do about it? Could someone from the site support contact me, preferably on the mail tied to "enemys" account? I suppose that would be a way to (at least partially) verify that I really am the owner of this account. Thanks a lot.

Hey there, I have disabled 2FA on your account so if you have your password you should be able to login or even recover your password via email.

Apologies for the issues, we are still troubleshooting a few aspects of the recent upgrade. We thought we had tested all the basics and then some, and for 99% of cases the upgrade went really smoothly but we didn't foresee these rare registration problems that appear random and thus hard to troubleshoot.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you, or I can continue to assist.

Also please confirm, did you have the 2FA problem only after we upgraded our community software? (Early Oct). Thanks!

Hello,

thanks for helping me, I have now regained access to the account.
Also please confirm, did you have the 2FA problem only after we upgraded our community software? (Early Oct). Thanks!
Honestly, I am not sure, I haven't tried logging in since late May, I think. Once I tried accessing my account in October, though, the issue was there.

Back