2nd Pararell port address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happytriger2000

Hi,
I'm not sure where this thread should be categorised, but if this is not the right place to post, please move this thread to the appropiate category.

I have some questions regarding parallel port address. The Parallel port of my computer has a addreess or is assigned to 0378 (Device manager---> ports (com & LPT) ----> Printer Port LPT 1----> Resources),

here is a similar screenshot :

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/io_properties.gif

I installed a Sunix universal PCI Parallel card, had the driver installed, when I checked the address at Device manager---> ports (com & LPT) ----> PCI EPP/ECP Parallel Port 2-------> Resources ------> I get the following :

SNXPCARD_ENUM\SNXPCARD_PARPECP\1409&7268_01041409_00F0_PORT1

I need to assign the 2nd parallel port address in a software , which is the port address? is it 00F0?

Freddy

I would expect a parallel port to be start LPT and serial ports to begin COM. Each is then followed by a digit.

In fact, the screen shot you captured indicates LPT1

How many ports does your PCI card supply? Again, if only based on your screen shot, the port name is LPT1

I would expect a parallel port to be start LPT and serial ports to begin COM. Each is then followed by a digit.

In fact, the screen shot you captured indicates LPT1

How many ports does your PCI card supply? Again, if only based on your screen shot, the port name is LPT1

Hi LookinAround,
Thanks for your reply.
The screenshot was an example, please ignore that picture.
Here is a picture of the LPTs in Device manager:

ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
PCI EPP/ECP Parallel Port (LPT2)
PCI EPP/ECP Pararell Port (LPT3)
Com1

Freddy

In that case, it shows two ports on the card

One port is name LPT2 and the other is ing

Are you trying to assign the parallel port name to a device using Device Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back