32-bit disc and a 64-bit key?

steelth

I was wondering if a 32 bit xp disk will work with a 64 bit xp key . I have a comp. that has no OS but has a key and I have a disk but it is a 32 bit disk. thx

Sorry for being such a noob but what is an isoand where do I DL it . lol, thx for the help

U torrent guide:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how to use utorrent&oq=how to use utorrent&gs_l=youtube-reduced.3..0l4.1125.5115.0.5347.19.16.0.3.3.0.244.2233.3j12j1.16.0...0.0...1ac.1.TOrgDkmkKDY

An iso is a exact copy of a disc that can be burned to a dvd, you can propably find one on the net if you search for " windows xp x64 torrent" or iso, and download it using utorrent then burn it to a dvdusing a burning program like imgburn. (free and easy to use)

http://www.imgburn.com/

Im pretty sure there is nothng illegal about this providing you use your original license key.

It can also be beneficial to use an ISO version as OEM manufacturers install a lot of bloatware on included versions, like, norton antivirus trials, ect.. An iso will only install windows.

Ok, I got Utorrent and Downloaded http://kat.ph/windows-xp-home-edition-sp2-t3320401.html ... and put it in a file,so do I burn all of that on a disk and use it as a install disk or do I have to do more to it to make it work?Now that I look at it ,,it doesn't say 32 bit or 64 bit "sigh" Also when I go to my Utorrent file where I put the windows ,ImgBurn doesn't show anything there but it is there.

Only 1 has a seed and it say's language is french ,,? I burnt the other 1 to a disk and u maybe right about it being a 32 bit. maybe I'll look for another site or something

Bad News I tryed that Disc I brunt, and it worked I even activated the windows, but then I tryed to update and couldn't I could open explorer to msn and then tried to go places and it would just take me back to msn ...Sigh,, no luv for me I guess

Bad News I tryed that Disc I brunt, and it worked I even activated the windows, but then I tryed to update and couldn't I could open explorer to msn and then tried to go places and it would just take me back to msn ...Sigh,, no luv for me I guess
Install a different browser, maybe?

Windows update won't work without the "WGA" (Windows Genuine Advantage) testing the install, and verifying it's a valid copy of Windows.

Ok, thx, I guess I'll just have to break down and buy another copy ,, since no one I know has 1 ,getting the iso is cool but if it's not a plain copy then I guess it won't for me. Since I need it to be able to update. Thx for all your help

Ok, thx, I guess I'll just have to break down and buy another copy ,, since no one I know has 1 ,getting the iso is cool but if it's not a plain copy then I guess it won't for me. Since I need it to be able to update. Thx for all your help
The iso copy should work, I've done this once or twice - WGA should be happy as long as the licence on your PC is valid? The problem does sound like a dodgy browser (agree with Captain Cranky) or hosts file, although I don't see how on a fresh install?!, try Chrome or Firefox, costs nothing but ten minutes?

My problem isn't the brower that bothers me I'm sure I could get around that some how "even though it shows some weird facebook link when I try to go anywhere'.It's the fact that I can't use windows update, that bothers me, I mean if I want to give this to a kid to use for school, it won't be able to update any . Unless they manually do it, off another comp.

Do you still need a clean 32bit ISO? I have one from my MSDN License I would be happy to drop in a public dropbox link for you....

This would be a retail ISO, so as long as your key is not an OEM license it would work fine.

That sounds good, thx alot but I also need a 64 bit too.The iso I download and installed that was acting weird, shows up on my Malwarebytes as a virus :( . I knew I should of scanned it a head of time o well.thx for the help

Back