32-bit or 64-bit

abbasi

Hi to all,

consider this sample machine "ASUS X54H" with these specs:
Intel B970 2.3GHz
RAM: 4GB
RADEON HD 7470M 1GB

I think it's better to install the 32-bit version of Windows 7 on it because:
1- The 64-bit version is for those machines which they have more than 4GB of RAM.
2-Almost for every software we can find the 32-bit version of it but finding the 64-bit of that software sometimes isn't easy.

Am I right?

Well, all versions of Windows come with 64 and 32 bit so you can use both - meaning you can use one, change your mind then revert back to the other.

But I really think you should go 64 Bit:

- 32 Bit only allows 3.25GB RAM usage
- So with 64 Bit you can use all 4GB you have
- All 32 Bit software can be used on a 64 Bit PC - just doesn't run as fast as if it were 64 Bit.
- And finally, with 64 Bit, if there are those versions of your software out there you can use them!

How is it even a choice? If you don't have Windows at all, just get x64 on it.

Plus 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit programs no problem.

Thank you very much guys. So you recommend me if the RAM is 4GB and the CPU can utilize the 64 bit, it's better to install the 64 bit of Windows, regardless of whatever app I use, yes?
[FONT=Segoe UI][/FONT]

Yes. Remember it's trivial to add more memory, but much harder to subsequently change the OS.

Last edited:
@Saira:
> - 32 Bit only allows 3.25GB RAM usage, So with 64 Bit you can use all 4GB you have.
32 bit uses 3.25 GB of ram because the rest of the ram is used by hardware. So you think if I use 64 bit I can use all of the 4GB and the hardware uses no GB of ram!?

Back