7600GT to 8500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackgreat

Hello Everyone,

I have a pc (intel pentium D 3GHZ, 2GB RAM) with a graphics card. The graphics card I had was Nvidia Geforce 7600GT & was connected to my LCD monitor via DVI port. My pc is a little over 2 and a half years old.

Recently I found some lines that appeared on my lcd monitor. It was a kind of indication that something is either wrong with the monitor or my graphics card. When I removed my graphics card and connected my lcd monitor to my onboard graphics via normal vga port everything was back to normal.

Moreover with my card (which i guess maybe the culprit) connected the pc used to hang a bit if i ran any video related application or movie. So I believe my card is faulty and gave it to the company. For standby the company gave me 8500GT card.

Now though I won't be doing gaming at the moment. After doing research I figured that my 7600GT is better than 8500GT. But if i want to watch movies and photos or play older games then is 8500GT good enough. In this case will 8500GT be better than 7600GT in any way or no matter what 8500GT is worse than 7600GT in every way.

I will be glad if anyone can answer my query.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,
JG

The 8500 will be fine for photos and movies. If you are doing HD movies it will be better than even something like a 7900GT in some cases because it has on card decoding, taking a load off the CPU. Make sure you are dealing with PCIe here and not AGP.

cheers

Thanks for your replies guys.

I think the Geforce 9 series requires PCX Express 2.0 slot where as I have pci-express first one.

Moreover even if it did work in pci-express 1 I would rather wait for a while and get a good card something like 9800GT or so.

This card is working okay and has confirmed that my 7600GT was faulty when i saw patches on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back