8-pin CPU cord

I’ve been building my pc for over a month and now I have it finally complete. Well almost. Everything works correctly just when I plug in the 8-pin cpu cord, I can hear the click coming from my psu just nothing turns on.
Mobo- MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Processor- Ryder 5 2600
PSU- Corsair RM 850x
Graphics- MSI GeForce GTX
Storage-inland 450 gb

I have looked online but did find switching out your mobo and psu. So I did that and I still had the same problem. I switched them to the list I gave you. Can somebody please help me

Hmm; I thought the cpu sat on the heatsink -- Maybe someone else knows, but I've never see a cpu attached via a cord.

I have looked online but did find switching out your mobo and psu. So I did that and I still had the same problem. I switched them to the list I gave you. Can somebody please help me
If it’s doing it with a completely different CPU and motherboard, it would seem that something is either shorting between the motherboard and the case, or the PSU is faulty. Solutions to try: check that the board sits clear of any part of the case, other than the brass stands, and make sure they’re not touching any traces on the board; if possible, try a different PSU.

Back