I don't know why this hasn't been posted here yet but... It seems that Nvidia has just blacklisted Steve and Tim

Avro Arrow

I find it shocking that I had to find this on LTT, but Hardware Unboxed put out a tweet earlier today. The only question is, TechSpot is Steve and Tim's home so how come there's no reference to it anywhere?:
"Nvidia have officially decided to ban us from receiving GeForce Founders Edition GPU review samples

Their reasoning is that we are focusing on rasterization instead of ray tracing.

They have said they will revisit this "should your editorial direction change".

More to come

— Hardware Unboxed (@HardwareUnboxed) December 11, 2020 "
And people wonder why I refuse to buy nVidia products. I've always said that nVidia was a POS corporation and they sure do love to prove me right, don't they? Maybe this will be the slap in the face that fanboys need to get them to open their eyes.

EDIT: I found an infuriating quote that was apparently from nVidia in an email to HU:

"This is a quote from the email they sent today "It is very clear from your community commentary that you do not see things the same way that we, gamers, and the rest of the industry do."

Are we out of touch with gamers or are they?

— Hardware Unboxed (@HardwareUnboxed) December 11, 2020 "

So suddenly, nVidia speaks for gamers. Just what kind of arrogant jack-donkey would say such a thing to Steve and Tim? I can see that nVidia is the same POS corporation that I decided to never use again back when Charlie Demerjian declared war on them.

Who are they to put lies into the mouths of we gamers and enthusiasts?

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is very clear from your community commentary that you do not see things the same way that we, gamers, and the rest of the industry do."
As a gamer, Nvidia doesn't speak for me, Nvidia speaks for itself and for those who want Nvidia to speak for them.
Its as if the corporation is being headed by big bodied children. Are these tantrums? How can I describe them?

Their reasoning is that we are focusing on rasterization instead of ray tracing.

As a gamer, I'd like to inform Nvidia that, it is rasterisation first, before Ray Tracing. Otherwise you should just eliminate all your previous cards from the market which do not support ray tracing, since they only offer rasterisation. In this way, we'll know that you are being serious.

Last edited:
Screw Nvidia, am kinda tired of shill tactics by both Intel, and Nvidia. I have a 2700x hence, but next GPU it's AMD. If I have to live with archaic hardware I will.

As a gamer, Nvidia doesn't speak for me, Nvidia speaks for itself and for those who want Nvidia to speak for them.
Its as if the corporation is being headed by big bodied children. Are these tantrums? How can I describe them?
Donald Trump-esque? LOL
As a gamer, I'd like to inform Nvidia that, it is rasterisation first, before Ray Tracing. Otherwise you should just eliminate all your previous cards from the market which do not support ray tracing, since they only offer rasterisation. In this way, we'll know that you are being serious.
As the tank commander in StarCraft used to say, "AB-SO-LUTELY!". Rasterisation is the actual drawing of the game's graphics itself. Ray-tracing is an added frill to the rasterisation and nVidia knows damn well that this is true.

Screw Nvidia, am kinda tired of shill tactics by both Intel, and Nvidia. I have a 2700x hence, but next GPU it's AMD. If I have to live with archaic hardware I will.
Nah, you'll be fine. I haven't bought an nVidia card since the GeForce 8500 GT. I've been ALL ATi since my (twin) XFX HD 4870s and I've never had a problem gaming with any game. The only times that ATi REALLY fell behind was during the GeForce 8000 and 9000 series and then post-2015. I still use my R9 Fury was a backup for my RX 5700 XT (and I've actually had to do that because of an RMA) but it stll plays GodFall at 1080p and it still looks awesome.

Remember, if Radeons sucked as much as nVidia fanboys claim, they'd be long dead. I've been gaming perfectly well on ONLY them for over a decade.

Remember, if GeForce sucked as much as Radeon fanboys claim, they'd be long dead. I've been gaming perfectly well on ONLY them for over a decade.

Sure it does your just too biased to consider it. You didn't seem to mind the same notion from the opposite perspective.

Sure it does your just too biased to consider it. You didn't seem to mind the same notion from the opposite perspective.

10 years of user experience with your respective vendors. I can understand the attachment. Except that Arrow was only being informative about his experience, but you? It's more like you are angered by his experience, and taking it out on anyone out of your line of comfort. Same way Nvidia did. Ok then, tell us about your experience on nVdia the same way arrow did without using his words. Talk about copyright infringement :laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:
This does not add to the insight.
I was reassuring Stark that Radeons don't suck. From the sounds of things, he's never had a Radeon card so I let him know that the experience isn't bad. It added to the insight for him. It wasn't meant to add to the insight for everyone.

I will do the same. But you took the opportunity to try giving nVidia a black eye. There is nothing terribly wrong with either company.
Also, Stark is still using an Nvidia gpu. So he already knows the nVidia experience, and he doesn't say it is bad. He is only disappointed by how the company treats other people. So you are the biased one.

Last edited:
I was reassuring Stark that Radeons don't suck. From the sounds of things, he's never had a Radeon card so I let him know that the experience isn't bad. It added to the insight for him. It wasn't meant to add to the insight for everyone.

Much appreciated, and actually very Sherlock of you, truly enough I never had owned a Radeon/ATI card, though my brother did buy them. And it has been like since the 8500 GT for me too lol.
I still have MSI 9500GT card somewhere, will dig it out to post a pic.
Edit : the sucker was working still in 2020, on back up PC, its when I fully laid that machine to rest and tried to fire it up after a few months it just finally gave up... was a sad day for me.

I will do the same. But you took the opportunity to try giving nVidia a black eye. There is nothing terribly wrong with either company.
What?! You can't have as many posts as you have and truly believe that. I don't remember Charlie Demerjian ever declaring war on ATi. I don't recall ATi ever sending an email like the one that Steve Walton received to anyone! These companies are not the same and anyone who actually gives a rat's posterior about, oh, you know, actual ethics right now thinks that you're either lying or insane. If you think that nVidia did no wrong, then you clearly have a problem with Steve Walton, Tim Shiesser, Linus Sebastian and Steve Burke because they ALL have torn a strip from nVidia over this.
Remember, if GeForce sucked as much as Radeon fanboys claim, they'd be long dead. I've been gaming perfectly well on ONLY them for over a decade.
Wow, you really are defending nVidia here and that's just pathetic. I don't know what the red fanboys think or say because I'm not a fanboy, I'm a hater. To me, nVidia GPUs are fantastic products. It's just too bad that the company itself is unethical to the point that I'm willing to not buy anything from them. This may shock someone who is as clearly self-centred as you are but I refuse to support and enable their actions regardless of how "good" their products are as long as I have a perfectly viable alternative, and fortunately, I always have. It keeps my keyboard from feeling....slimy. You wouldn't know about that because you're clearly not a "big-picture" kind of person.

I know, I'll make your existence even better by also giving Intel a black eye that you can clutch your pearls over. I used to think the same thing about Intel CPUs that I think about nVidia GPUs, except that now I don't see Intel CPUs as anything but overpriced and under-performing molten sand. Oooo, total BLACK EYE, eh? Hey, you know, Intel's even shadier than nVidia so why don't you defend their lack of honour too?

BTW: Your real name wouldn't happen to be "Rudy Giuliani" would it?

Last edited:
Much appreciated, and actually very Sherlock of you, truly enough I never had owned a Radeon/ATI card, though my brother did buy them. And it has been like since the 8500 GT for me too lol.
I still have MSI 9500GT card somewhere, will dig it out to post a pic.
Edit : the sucker was working still in 2020, on back up PC, its when I fully laid that machine to rest and tried to fire it up after a few months it just finally gave up... was a sad day for me.
I'm glad to help. I'm not really all that much of a sleuth though, I just know from my own experience that there's about as much difference between them as there is between AMD and Intel CPUs (as in, pretty much none) so anyone who doesn't automatically say the same thing probably has only had one.

I used to work at Tiger Direct and I've learnt to appreciate that without experience, there can be no knowledge and that's not the fault of the person, it's just reality. You can't know about anything to which you haven't been exposed and that's just normal. Having a Radeon card is exactly the same as having a GeForce card. The game plays and that's all there is to it. It's like comparing Android phones from Samsung and Motorola.

Ah, the 9500 GT. I actually remember that card well (not the MSi model, the XFX model) because when I worked at Tiger Direct, some poor kid wanted to be able to play Crysis on low settings and had saved up his money delivering the Toronto Star to do so. The problem was that he really didn't have enough and when I saw how sad he was about that (he was there with his mom), I really wanted to help him out. He wanted a GeForce 9800 GTX+ but he really didn't have the money for it. So, remembering that we were having a huge XFX sale that month but were out of the XFX 9800 GTX+, I looked at his list and went to work, trying to make it possible.

By switching out his EVGA Socket 775 motherboard and Intel Q9400, I was able to save him significant dollars by switching him over to an XFX 750a SLI motherboard, an AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU and just managed to squeeze in a pair of GeForce 9500 GTs in SLI (so cheap at that point that together they were less than a single 9800 GTX+). His mom was like "What's AMD? Is that going to work?" and I assured her that not only would it work but that it would work just as well as the far more expensive Intel Q9400 for this kid's needs (I had one myself, an experience that none of my co-workers had, because they all worshipped Intel). The kid was so happy that I thought we was going to jump out of his skin. The kid's mom came to the store the next week to buy a gamepad and she thanked me for helping. Her son had been paying Crysis (not on top settings mind you) non-stop since they brought the computer home.

EDIT: I just remembered, the XFX GeForce 9500 GT was also bundled with a free copy of Far Cry 2. I bet the kid loved that too. LOL

So the 9500 GT (well, two of them anyway) made a little boy very happy. Then XFX basically flipped nVidia the bird and started making Radeons as well. Both of my Radeon HD 4870s were XFX and so is my RX 5700 XT. :D

Last edited:
Back