A BSOD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafilener

I had this in an old thread, but I can't find it anymore soo....
I just put in the approved RAM, and its longer between reboots but still common.

Here is my system--
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Asus P5Q DELUXE
RAM currently (2) DDR2, (400 MHz), 4096 MBytes, Corsair XMS2 P/N:TWIN2X4096-6400C5

GPU GEForce 9800 GT
PSU Antec earthwatts EA-500D 500W

It BSODs and reboots once a day on average. I've traded ram, graphics card, & PSU, HDD.

Here is the Blue Screen:

STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xB84F7A74, 0xB84F7770, 0xB7E30956)

Ntfs.sys- Address B7E30956 base at B7DB5000, DateStamp 45CC56a7

I'm out of ideas guys, anything would be great. Thanks

Apparently that driver ntfs.sys is corrupted, and a quick google search brings up that if you try to replace the driver another driver will be corrupted, so basically all of your windows drivers, I assume xp though I'm not sure, are corrupted run the repair option of your windows installation disk, and look for the ASR option when booting an xp installation disk, it'll be on the bottom, or look for repair my computer on vista or windows 7, it should be the options listed under install now. On xp there should be an option to restore windows without a clean installation, and on vista/windows 7 run system restore and rollback to a point this didn't happen.

A new error!!

Now it says

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X805224AA)

What do you think?

A new error!!

Now it says

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X805224AA)

Crashing less often though.

Your original reported error is 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

The 0xA errors are caused either by hardware or drivers attempting a higher IRQ Level than they are designed for.

In your next post give us your five most recent minidumps in ONE Zip file. Please don't Zip each one individually.

If you have three or less just attach as is without zipping.

minidumps

Here you go. I tried figuring this out through windbg, but I didn't get very far so thanks a bunch!

Of the five dumps the most significant one at this point is the 0xA that specifically cites memory corruption as the cause of your crashes. You need to run Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

memtest

I couldn't get it to run in multi processor mode, so I'm running it in single. On the first stick, almost through the first pass. I'll let you know.

The results are in! Either stick will go 7 passes, I ran one for 11. When I put both sticks in, it reboots in the #1 test in the first pass. So I'm running 1 stick for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back