A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data.

Hello everyone.
Today when I tried to start my computer from hibernation, it stucked on windows log, so I shouted down the computer by pressing the power button and then when I tried to start it again the recovery error page appeared contained the (A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data)
File:hiberfil.sys
I searched for solution for solving this problem on the internet and the solution seems to be accessing the cmd and then turn off the hibernation mode and restart the computer then deleting the hibernation file and turning it on again.
But now my problem is that, when I press the F8 key to enter into Startup setting to access the cmd, the error page appears again and again, and there is no way for me to access the cmd.
The op system is windows 10
I will appreciate any help.
Thank you

Is a 'fetal error during processing' what happens when in vitro fertilization goes wrong? :)

Seriously though, if you have Windows 10, you can't boot into safe mode w/ F8. Google "entering safe mode in Windows 10" to find various ways you can.

Is a 'fetal error during processing' what happens when in vitro fertilization goes wrong? :)

Seriously though, if you have Windows 10, you can't boot into safe mode w/ F8. Google "entering safe mode in Windows 10" to find various ways you can.
There is no way to boot safe mode, because I the windows don't boot, and also I can't access to startup settings because of the error.

There is no way to boot safe mode, because I the windows don't boot, and also I can't access to startup settings because of the error.
The normal procedure in that case is to access safe mode from the WinRE. Have you tried that yet?

The normal procedure in that case is to access safe mode from the WinRE. Have you tried that yet?
I think there is two other way to access safe mode, if I can't access the normal windows mode, one is the F8 key that also mentioned on the error page and another way to start the windows by pressing power button and when the windows logo appear turn it off again and repeat this for 2-5 time to force the windows to boot in safe mode, but in my case when I start the computer before even the windows logo appear the I face the error, so I think I can't access the safe mode.

I assume you've got an OEM PC -- your manufacturer should have configured a specific key or key combination to access the WinRE upon powerup. If you can't locate what they key combo is, or its not working, then you'll have to make and use a windows recovery disk.

Usually when a computer won't resume from hibernation it gives you the option to delete the bad hibernation file. If you get that option just delete it. It won't harm your Windows but you won't be able to pick up where you left off from the previous (now bad) hibernation file. This is the #! reason I shut this feature off on all my machines that I build. SSD drives boot fast enough I don't need to hibernate if it is not a laptop.

Back