A memory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenchiroz

Gidday all, tench here again after a long time without any problems on my comp haha. Ok to the point now, recently i've been getting a error when i turn on my computer that ATKKBservice.exe couldn't find a certain memory path and read it, i looked up what it was and it was Asustech updating in which i thought no biggie, but the real deal hits me as soon as i launch any problem, my computer blue screens and a memory log appears and then instantly restarts. So if you all would've guessed by now any help? I've tried to clean up registry but it just aint working still, so i ran a virus and trojan scan still no help, right now i'm defraging my computer and typing this out.

P.S Sorry if this is in the wrong board.

Ok

And after removing the Startup entry for atkkbservice.exe is it now all ok?
Note the blue link in my previous post, is clickable

Uhm, i there isn't a atkkbservice.exe in the startup list and there isn't one in add or remove programs.

Damn !
Some of these Startup entries are more difficult to find

You should be able to see it using Autoruns
But using this program is critical. ie If you say, oh I don't want that one either, your computer may not startup. So don't disable anything, other than ATKKBservice.exe

Or you could search your Registry for it (and export backups first!)

Maybe confirm your System Restore is on too (just in case ;) )

Alright found it with that next program and unticked it, is there anything special i should do after the unticking? cause i saved it and what not.

Yes restart

Is it fixed ?

By the way, I must go (been on a while (or is that awhile?) too tired to know!

I'll check back much later (for your :grinthumb reply !)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back