A post for the Captain

scavengerspc

TechSpot Elite
Captaincranky got a PM off to me and asked me to post this for him. He is having a lot of trouble with the site.

"When I'm NOT logged in I can navigate the site perfectly. When I log in, everything goes to hell on a hand basket. As of now, I can't get past my bookmark on :"News & Comments", save for being able to get to a topic under that heading. (on about the 3rd try to a blank page). If I try to go the the "Forums" listing, Opera simply times out, and returns a ""504 error" saying the site took too long to respond..

I tried to log in yesterday, and it told me I had made "too many wrong attempts at logging in". I waited 5 minutes,exposed my password to verify I typed it correctly and tried again, at which point it told me, I was already logged in."

Would somebody be kind enough to repair my account? I couldn't even have navigated to this forum if I wasn't following a post. There's all kinds of aberrations to numerous to list. I can't even navigate to the "forums" heading when logged in. Just going from, "News and Comments", to a topic, generally requires about 3 refreshes of the page.

There's no extensions in either of my browsers, Firefox or Opera, which are both up to date.

I just changed this machine from Windows 7 to Linux "Mint", with a brand new system drive to boot. Yet still the "SOS", which has been going on for a year.

It's a puzzlement to me that you're still goofing around with, and pandering to, complaints about the notification fly out, which quite frankly, never worked right to begin with. Do I complain about that? no.

Yet I've had @scavengerspc post complaints, or "requests" if you prefer in this forum about the problem, which you also ignore.

I've complained to @mailpup about it, and he tells me he's, "only a humble moderator". Maybe so, but why wasn't it passed up the ladder?

So whaddya think, will you fix my account, pretty please with a cherry on top?

Back