A question about Avast audible & pop up updates

learninmypc

In previous versions of Avast, I'd get a pop up & a female voice telling me my Avast definitions have been updated. I have not been seeing/hearing them & have NOT changed ANY settings. Any help on getting them back if possible would be nice, thanks.:)

So, under Settings > Sounds, all the boxes are checked? What about Popups? Mine is the default 20 seconds.

If those are there, then maybe go into the Control Panel > Programs & Features. Select Avast from the list, then click on Uninstall/Change, one of the options is Repair. See if that fixes it. I'd assume the repair options exists in XP.

So, under Settings > Sounds, all the boxes are checked? What about Popups? Mine is the default 20 seconds.

If those are there, then maybe go into the Control Panel > Programs & Features. Select Avast from the list, then click on Uninstall/Change, one of the options is Repair. See if that fixes it. I'd assume the repair options exists in XP.

Same as yours. I'll try the repair option later. I have to leave for a bit,thanks.

Make sure you don't have Silent/Gaming mode on. Its on the Summary tap of the main window under Current Status, Im use Avast Internet Security so this might be different for you.

Back