A question about the newest nvidia driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegafate

has any one had any issues with the newest nvidia drivers especially with left 4 dead or any other game

especially with the BSOD crash on vista

cuz i have that issue and the file in question is part of the nvidia driver and it goes away before i can even write it down

First, make sure you are downloading the latest non-beta drivers from nvidia. (The ones I linked to are 32-bit Vista)

Next, you may want to *completely* remove your nvidia drivers by uninstalling them via Control Panel > Add Remove Programs.

Then use a driver cleaner like Driver Sweeper to clean up what's left behind.
  • Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
  • Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
  • Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
Reboot your computer again and start it in normal mode. Install the drivers you downloaded, restart again and you should be golden.

If you still get BSODs, then you should try using a different version of the driver. Perhaps even a beta video driver. There may be a better place to go, but Laptopvideo2go has plenty of beta drivers for laptops and desktops.

If the problem *only* happens in L4D, then you may want to look into problems with L4D itself. A reinstall or update may fix your issues.

hmm ive tried uninstalling the drivers rolling back the driver and both using a registry cleaner like ccleaner then uninstalling and reinstalling L4d but ill try that driver cleaner and method as u instructed ill reply back when it works

If you are using WHQL drivers, then you may actually want to try a beta driver.

I've had some issues with the best, non-beta driver for my nvidia card that a beta driver fixed. I'm using Windows 7 though, but different drivers may give you different results. If you are getting the problem even after those steps, perhaps a beta will address your issues. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_186.08_beta.html

well it didnt work and my OS went screwy so i had to reinstall it but ill give thoes beta drivers a try out

Im using the latest drivers for my GTS 250 and my system is working fine. Have had problems in the past with nvidia drivers I think the 182 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back