A server error occurred. Please try again later.

mailpup

TS Special Forces
Just an FYI to Admins, lately sometimes when I click on something in the forums I've been getting the message, "A server error occurred. Please try again later." A couple of other members have mentioned this as well.

Just an FYI to Admins, lately sometimes when I click on something in the forums I've been getting the message, "A server error occurred. Please try again later." A couple of other members have mentioned this as well.
The thing is, it isn't an actual error.

I tried making a post, and was met with that notification. So, I "tried back later", actually just a few seconds. After 3 total attempts, I refreshed the page, and was met with the 3 posts the "error" said I hadn't been able to make.

The same held true for editing. "Server error", allegedly preventing making the corrections. I got smart, made the edit, hit save, and then refreshed the page, and the corrections were in the text.

I'm normally running this machine (Win 7, 32 bit), with 50+ tabs open, at or near the memory limits, along with a loaded browser cache.

Thus, when the system starts to get glitchy, I usually think it's my fault.

But hey, if someone else is getting the same error, what can I say other than, "that's a relief"..:laughing:

You're right, captain. If I refresh the screen, I find that the actions are actually done and the error message was false. But false or not, it keeps popping up a lot.

Thanks for the note. I first noticed this yesterday when deleting a post. How long ago have you been seeing this erratic behavior?

Another Server Side suggestion; as the number of concurrent sessions increases, the life of an SSL connection needs to decrease less the server runs out of connections.

As the SSL life extends with the next connection, the SSL live is only necessary to cover user "think times" between submissions -- say one minute to 4 minutes -- and then expire. There's no need to hold a session for hours!!

Back