A Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new to this useful forum.
I join with a really annoying but strange problem.

All of a sudden my windows and fonts are now huge.
My resolution is 1680x1050 and I have messed around with others but it's still the same....

Problem is that the fonts are too big for some right click menu's, even after I have changed font size in properties. its just like my pc is for a partially blind person or a child.
The start menu is now huge too...I'm using windowblinds but its nothing to do with that.

I have one clue though. I did have a dreaded 'automatic update' and I seems that after this the nightmare began.

When I say huge, I mean it just seems wierdly oversized..

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Land of the Giants.jpg
    Land of the Giants.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 7
Okay, knock the resolution down. I can't suggest to where because you don't give any information about your computer specs.

Once that is done, you can re-size the fonts and icons:
Control Panel> Display> Settings tab> lower the resolution slowly, trying each new setting> Advanced button> make sure the DPI is in Normal> Appearance tab> Adjust the Font size, lower left> Effects> UNCHECK 'use large icons'> When all settings are made> Apply> OK.

Now that you know where these settings are, you can go back and re-adjust as needed. The monitor resolution is best closest to it's 'native resolution', but this does not always work for everyone.

Magic! it was the Dpi yes.
Thanks mate.

:haha:

Top forum too, been looking about and there's tons of good tips.

Great! You're very welcome. I got stuck with a bad DPI setting- remembered it, glad to pass the fix on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back