Abnormal freezing and software issues

So this problem starting happening about a week or 2 ago. My computer was freezing It has been freezing here and there. I installed a new graphics card a month ago and thought it might be that but shouldn't the symptoms shown up earlier. I realized I still had my old drivers for my old graphics card was still on there so I attempted to uninstall them. It fails to uninstall it every time, I can open the application though. So I attempted a system restore but my computer will only go back 10 days but it also fails to do that too.So far it has froze on the sign in screen and also when im using my browser. The abnormal thing is when it has froze recently is it freezes every time I try to scan my computer for viruses but I can still use the mouse. The screen eventually goes black but I can still use and see the mouse courser, I thought this was weird. I think I might have a virus. Can someone help me?

Just to add the the problems. The browser stopped working and starting any application was impossible. I attempted to restart but the computer was failing to do that too. Im very confused on what going on with my computer.

I thought about that. I dont have the cds for it yet though. A typhoon recently hit my location so none of the stores are open.

Back