Accidentally disabled administration account in Windows XP

when i was trying to figure out how to remove log on screen, i accidentally disabled my own admin account. after i reboot my PC, log on screen still there and says "your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator". i dont have guest account set up on computer and now i cant log on. i tried on safe mode but failed =(...what should i do?

am using Windows XP Media Center Edition

is there a way to get to computer managment page from log on screen to enable administration account... please help me.

Let the system boot from a windows xp cd. Hope you know how to do that: Press any key to boot from cd, the you press any key. When given these options:

Press enter to set up windows xp now
Press r to repair windows xp using recovery console
press escape to cancel setup

Press r to go with the second option. You will asked when entering the recovery console which windows you want to log into, since you have only one o/s press 1, for password, if you had no password on itbefore just press enter then type this command:

net user administrator /active:yes

this should reenable the admin account.

dont forget to press enter when you type the command

Boot up in safemode, there is always an unchangable admin account that is available to log onto, you should be able to log onto this and enable your account again :)

follow my steps

follow my steps accordingly,start up windows,when windows boots towards the welcome screen,hold ctrl+alt+del key,press them twice,then a window should appear then type ur username as administrator and leave password blank,press enter then u will be logged as administrator then go to control panel and create a new account.

Back