Acer Aspire ZS600 Hard Drive

I was told by a computer repair shop that my All-in-One needs a new hard drive. Due to financial constraints, I couldn't afford to have them do the repairs but desperately need my computer in order to work. I have looked for a replacement internal HDD to install myself, but have been unsuccessful.

My question - if I purchased an external HDD, would my computer recognize and operate off of it? If so, what kind of HDD should I look to use?

As you can tell, I am not very tech savvy... :)

You don't need an external hdd nor is doing it yourself scary unless you have a very unsteady hand and trembling in fear of breaking that pc.
http://www.worldcadaccess.com/blog/...one-computer-is-tough-heres-how-to-do-it.html
I want you to read that, look at the picture diagram and locate the hard drive, it will need a medium thin phillip head screw driver or mini drill.
Once the bolts are out put them in a bag, read me the hard drive name, model number and tell me if it is 2.5inch or 3.5inch.
Once I know that you can buy a hard drive I'll show you one that doesn't cost too much.

Back