Acer charger stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

koneck

My girlfriend bought a Acer aspire 5315 series laptop last year August and the adapter suddenly stop working. it was working just fine last night and a few hour after, nothing. I've been noticing that the wire is starting to get a spiral twist but i don't think thats the problem. When it plugged into a outlet the light on the adapter it self comes on but no power is reaching the laptop itself. I cut the tip that connects top the laptop to see if the wire broke but its fine. What could be the problem here?

It could be the actual connector on the laptop where you plug the adaptor in to. I know on the old laptop i have here that the power port in the laptop is a real pain, always having fiddle around with the adaptor pulling it in and out to get it just right, so it will accept power from the power pack. Fiddle around with it plugged in to see if it will accept any charge, if not it must be something to do with the actual power adaptor it's self.

After a long inspection of the wire I found where it split. It was hard to find cause i have to bend every 3mm of the wire to find the softest spot but i did it. the problem was the inner wire, it just broke apart. kind strange though.

Glad you found the problem was the wiring. Tho, just fyi for anyone reading, more often then not, the problem is the power port connector on the laptop itself (just as account73 described). It's soldered to the motherboard. When the solder breaks the electrical current is also broken and can't recharge the laptop (until it's re-soldered/repaired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back