Acer delivers "all day computing" with Aspire Timeline family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Acer has announced that it will be introducing “all day computing” to the US market with the launch of their Aspire Timeline thin and light notebook family. With its unique design, the company claims the new series averages more than 8 hours of battery life. As such, they will be targeting the road warrior and those constantly on the move.

Remaining conscious of the invaluable balance between portability and power consumption, the company has employed a standard high-capacity 6-cell battery. Naturally, as battery-oomph has been sacrificed, the Timeline series will instead conserve energy with low power components and Acer’s PowerSmart features. Technology assessment firm Principled Technologies concluded that the Aspire Timeline AS3810T and AS3810TZ’s life averaged 9 hours 7 minutes and 9 hours 48 minutes respectively.

The family will host a spectrum of models starting at $598. The models vary between offering an Intel Pentium, Core 2 Solo and Duo ULV processor, 3 to 4GB of DDR3 800MHz RAM, 320 to 500GB HDD, 13.3” to 15.6” 16:9 LED backlit display, 3 to 4 USB ports as well as an 8x DVD drive, Bluetooth 2.0/HDMI support and some without. Common specifications include Intel’s GS45 chipset with GMA 4500MHD, 802.11b/g/n, a webcam, multi-in-1 card reader and Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Permalink to story.

Now this is sweet. An affordable bridge to the gap created by the netbooks.

Decent performance, good battery life, slim package, a DVD drive and, the most important, it's cheap.

Off topic: Where did the edit button hide itself?

Yeah, I love the new feature that allows guests to post.

Hopefully there will be more discussions now :p

Sincerely I don't see why you wouldn't register to such a fine community. ;)

@Matt: Bummer about the editing. I don't get why you can't edit from the news itself.
Or are you guys planning on something?

@Captain We actually have that capability already (even with the forum integration) but for now have it disabled due to a templating issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back