Acer laptop keeps turning off & on. It won't load past the start up screen.

Long story short, I was resetting my Aspire R11 back to how it was when I got it from the box. I don't have anything important on it that I need to keep. Also I'm definitely not the smartest when it comes to computers but I can follow instructions easily.
While it was resetting it randomly got an error. It told me to restart it, & I did. Ever since then, it loads to the start up screen, goes black, & shuts down. It repeats that non stop till I turn it off myself through the power button. I can do the alt10 thing but that's where I'm at a loss. I can't reset it again without getting the same error again.
If anyone knows what might be wrong with it and/or a way to fix it I'd be very grateful if you told me.

"it loads to the start up screen, goes black, & shuts down." may be normal as the OS struggles to update.... your starting point may have several years of updates to download and install - my Win7 takes 3 days

I'm not too sure. Again, I don't know much, but it doesn't look to be downloading anything. When I first got it, it didn't do anything like what's happening now. It's not really old. I've only had it for about half a year. I left it on for about 4 hrs straight yesterday but nothing seemed to change...

Pls provide OS version, model number, history of system (bought where, how old is it, warranty, etc), recovery disks present, etc

I'm not sure where to find the OS version. The model no is N15W5. I got it at a Walmart, about 6 months ago. I have warranty on it. Had no problems with it except that I couldn't update it for a while now because the storage was a full. I was planning on giving it to my nephew that's why I was resetting it. And no recoveryour disc. I tried the other thing you put but no luck. Thanks for the help by the way.

Reset should have worked. If still under warranty, I would contact Acer support with the strong possibility that something has failed in the system.

Ye that's what I think I'm gonna do. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could try to do before I did that. I'll reply if I manage to get it working or not. Just in case someone happens to have the same issue.

Back