Acer ships Aspire Timeline 1825PT convertible notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

If you're keen on the tablet movement but can't bear to part with the familiar ways of a hardware keyboard, Acer has a proposition for you. The company has just rolled out its new Aspire Timeline 1825PT convertible tablet PC, which offers an 11.6-inch 1366x768 touchscreen, a 1.3GHz Intel Pentium ULV SU4100 or Core 2 Duo SU7300, 3GB or 4GB of DDR3 RAM (supports up to 8GB), and 250GB or 320GB of storage.

Also on the table is a six-cell battery pledging up to eight hours of runtime, a webcam, a media card slot, HDMI and VGA-out, gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n wireless, optional Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and 3G connectivity, as well as a multitouch trackpad. Along with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Microsoft's touch apps, Acer preloads its own touch-optimized software.

The Timeline 1825PT is currently available in the UK with a starting price of €600, and it should make its way over the pond sometime soon.

Permalink to story.

"The company has just rolled out its new Aspire Timeline 1825PT convertible tablet PC, which offers an 11.6-inch 1366x768 touchscreen"

"Along with Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and Microsoft's touch apps, Acer preloads its own touch-optimized software."

LOL...

About 900 bucks. That's not bad.

It may not have that carry in one hand form factor, but I'd prefer the ability to run my Windows programs and a keyboard.

I'm assuming the hard drive is platter not SSD? The web site doesn't say.One would figure they'd advertise the presence of a SSD as a selling point.

Definitely a platter drive, no way you'd get a 200+GB SSD in a laptop for anywhere near $900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back