Acer Switch 7 Review: Surface competitor packs passively cooled GeForce MX150 graphics

It was a little hard to find the specs, but once I did, I discovered that the tablet part alone weighs (almost exactly) as much as the Asus ZenBook 13 with the MX150, and is considerably bigger.

So I think that the Switch 7 is only for someone who really really wants a tablet form factor with extra graphics power. Anyone who wants something light and relatively powerful, the ZenBook is better. Anyone who wants something really mobile and reasonably powerful in tablet form, the Surface is better.

Man, sucks that the only tablet out there with Wacom EMR had poor battery life. Wonder if bringing a portable battery around would help.

It was a little hard to find the specs, but once I did, I discovered that the tablet part alone weighs (almost exactly) as much as the Asus ZenBook 13 with the MX150, and is considerably bigger.

So I think that the Switch 7 is only for someone who really really wants a tablet form factor with extra graphics power. Anyone who wants something light and relatively powerful, the ZenBook is better. Anyone who wants something really mobile and reasonably powerful in tablet form, the Surface is better.
The switch 7 has a couple of advantages over both of them though, TB3 and Wacom EMR stylus.

Where did you buy it? I've been trying to purchase it for a very long time now (unless you got a pre-release model). Also, is the thunderbolt 3 port a 2 or 4 lane one.

Seems like it would have been more efficient to use a ryzen chip instead of the discrete gpu.

Thanks for the review!!! I wouldve thought bezel-less designs are standard by now for 13" laptops, those thing look ungodly!

Since this is a very close competitor to the Eve V and Microsoft Pro, I'd have really liked to see them both on the comparison charts.

Seems high to me for what you get and what you would consider using this for today. ACER and it's ACER Gateway makes some great laptops. I own them so I know. Life on top end lasted me 8 years before it kicked the bucket. I would buy another ACER but not top of the line though. I seem some thin models at Costco from ACER and the ACER game laptop $800 pricey... This tablet double that price. I am not buying any tablet I have one for Windows 10 here already. That had 320GB HD on Dual Core Atom. Atom runs hot and so did the one I had. This tablet sounds good but again my needs are for laptop not a tablet. I want something thin less battery requirements. Quick charge. Transparent tech but seems to be far off now.. At this rate maybe 2030 LOL.

"using a proprietary power connector over USB-C is annoying."
Really ? It's because you are unaware. This tablet and all other Switch Tablets (Switch Alpha 12, Switch 5) can be charged through USB-C port if you put them on a third party 19v TYPE-C charger. Annoying would be to force you having occupied the USB-C port whenever you wanted to charge your tablet or to use an accessory. Having Switch Alpha 12 and using it (abusing it actually) on daily tasks - there are like a million times where I have it plugged on power and at the same time using TYPE-C and USB3 ports for devices.
As for the frame offset - no comment - I have a frame offset much more than 2mm (I won't bother measuring it) on my Alpha 12" and it never bothered me :)

Back