Acer Timeline 14" 4810T Notebook Review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Acer Timeline 14" 4810T Notebook Review

Today we will be looking at the Acer Timeline 4810T notebook, a 14-inch ultra-portable that aims to bridge the gap between underpowered netbooks and bulky notebooks, while retaining the battery longevity found in the latest generation of netbooks. The Timeline has an incredible claimed battery life of over eight hours.

Read the full review at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/212-acer-timeline-4870t/

Please leave your feedback here.

I think my mom is in the market for a new laptop, to replace her now 10 year old desktop. I'll have to show this one to her. It looks very sleek and I'm pretty impressed with the specs, considering that price. I'm pretty sure a custom built notebook from Dell or HP would cost over $1000.

Reasonably light but certainly not "ultraportable" anything. Also, who the heck uses their monitor at half brightness? No one I know except maybe in the dark (rare). Please do the battery score with at least 80-90% brightness and IN USE which is what the average user does - and make no mistake about it, this will make a difference in the 6-cell battery score. Finally, I get tired of the whimpy graphic chips - Ultraportable and Inexpensive really start to lose their shine for me when I'm forced to buy a second more expensive machine just to play some reasonably up-to-date games and do some reasonable photo-editing.

I guess if you are just a correspondence user than it's not a problem - but then again you could get a significantly cheaper and more portable machine if this is your main need.

8+ hours battery life "seems" exemplary but please do a "real" test with it. Sitting idle at half brightness does NOT qualify unless one only uses their laptop as a glorified picture frame in a dark room.?!?

Guest, Acer also offer a better equipped version, with a dedicated ATi HD4330 GPU.
The extra cost isn't that much either, so it makes little sense not to get the one with the dedicated GPU.

Also, you can switch to the Intel GMA when you want (default setting is to switch to it when on battery) so you can still have great battery life.
Personally, I can run CSS at max detail with 60FPS (vsync on), so it's a very decent GPU.

Netbook price and notebook performance with bells and whistles = major win.
Needs a bios update and OS update out of the box though. Runs great with win 7 & ubuntu.

I'm looking for a new Notebook
But all my friends do not advise me to buy Acer products
But I like this device battery life
So I think I'll add it to my list

Yeah Acer is a good item on your list when buying a laptop. Battery life is very important especially when you are traveling that's why most friends that I know prefer Acer. I don't know if it is a division, but Acer laptops are grouped into three: Travelmate(perfect for traveling purposes because of its exceptional mobility), the Acer series(for normal and entertainment usage; latest), and Extensa (most functional for business works). I hope I can have an Acer5942G because it applies the latest entertainment technology....

I really liked this review and IT makes me want to WIN this computer ever more now with your give-a-way.
I've been using one of these myself and will improve it by following the advice written here.
It has to one of the best values out there today.
Thank you for the review!

Very nice notebook, and RAM's expandable to 8GB :O and its an acer the thing I like about it is the longevity of the battery hate that the CPU is a bit slow regardless nice laptop great performance and enough space for movies, anime and what not.

If you guys think that the 4810 was good, check out the new top of the line 4820!!!!
Aspire 4820T
• Intel® Core™ i7-620M processor
(2.66GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L3 cache)
• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
• Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
• ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 (1GB DDR3 RAM)
• 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 RAM, 640GB HDD
• 14” HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution, Acer Cinecrystal™ LEDbacklit
TFT LCD, 16:9 aspect ratio
• DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive (DVD+/-RW)
• Integrated Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR
• Integrated Acer CrystalEye webcam
• Dolby Home Theatre® audio enhancement
• 2.2kg with 6-cell battery

Acer timeline 3810t is also a good choice. available for only 600 dollars.
o.gif

hi whom so ever pls dont buy this laptop there is no battery life after just 7 month my laptop gives not more than 30 min i also called acer call center they said that they have a norms that if the battery gives minimun of 30 min they wont replace the battery where 8 hours of battery promise by acer company ....................

I am also an owner of this 4810t which i purchased 6 months ago,,the battery is really working 8hrs and even more....i like it...but now..after only 6 months its battery is not charging anymore...it says "PLUG IN...NOT CHARGING"...does this have to do with my laptop or do i have to purchase a new battery...thanks nerie g

Yes, I encounter the same problem! Although i plug my power source in, it says.. "Plug in Not chargin" so when I take my power chord out.. The entire laptop just shutdown.. meaning.. it is as though there is no battery when there is! When I try to turn the laptop on, it just doesn't, until I plug in to the power source then it starts up! Hmm.. maybe its not the best laptop around.. i got it last july.. and when i read underneath the laptop, it says its manufactured in april last year.. so I think technology is pretty old? yea.. oh btw, can anyone help me with my problem?

I've got the same problem, plugged in not charging. Unplug the power supply and it stops dead. One day the battery is great - runs for over 6 hours, the next nothing. The battery shows it is holding a charge! There are too many reports about this problem for it not to be just an isolated incident. Acer needs to fess up and say what this is. No more Acer's for me - I cant afford to replace a laptop every 13 months.

Back