Adding a second SSD

Harry_Beast

Currently have Intel 80 gb SS hardrive----with win7 and 2 games installed--74gb used!
I would like to add an Intel 120 gb SSD ! And now the question
what do you have to do after the physical Install-- will at automatically take in any additional data?

It will automatically 'work', but it won't automatically take data. By that I mean, when you install stuff, it will still default to your C drive. You will need to change this during software installs (they almost always ask). Its not terribly difficult, just switch the C to D or whatever your new drive is lettered.

Over time though, you will still accumulate data on your C, which I'm assuming has little free space left. So I think you should switch your personal folders over to the new drive too. If you go to properties (right clicking and selecting) for stuff like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music you can change their directory location. Switch those over from C to D. That will free up some space on your main drive.

I just read your system specs and you have almost no earthly sensible or justifiable reason to do this.

As an alternative suggestion, why don't you just buy a good old fashioned data monging HDD, (oh say about 1TB), and target your data folders to it.

You could sell the 80GB SSD, put in a 120GB (or larger) as "C:/", and do the same thing with tha data, target it to a hard drive.

With all that said, if this is the board in question: "Asus N6600GT" (Intel socket 480), I'd check to see if it does indeed have 48 bit LBA, so that it will recognize drives larger than 139GB.

That is my old rig--new rig is a MSI P67A-GD55 ,i7 2600k ati 6900 and is totally dedicated to gaming!!--ergo--SSHd s Win7 and 2 games used 74 gb of 80. When I install 2nd SSD.I will move 1 game to the 120.Thanx for the info!!!

Back