Adding additional exchange server on outlook 2007 doesn't work on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

judicious

Hello All!

I just got this new computer - it's vista..and I installed outlook 2007. I set up my exchange server..works great..but i had this other software where i can add an additional exchange server..but it doesn't work on vista..is there some way to add an additional exchange server to outlook 2007 on vista?

Thanks!

are you attempting to connect to two or more Exchange Servers OR just two or more
pop3 email servers.

You can't add the second ES unless it is also online at the time of the configuration.

what do you mean online at the time of configuration?

Yes, I am trying to add two ES. The thing is, I have a program that allows me to add an additional ES, it's like a profile creator. Looks exactly the same and everything, but allows me to add another mailbox name. The program doesn't work on Vista. Any idea? I've been trying to browse online to see if there are any additional ES profile creator..but no luck..

adding an ES is not the same thing as adding a mailbox; the ES contains the mailboxes.

You would need a setup something link this
Code:
                    Domain-Controller
                    |               |
                   ES#1           ES#2
                   |                  |
      1/2 of your clients     the other half

In that case...is there a way for me to set up another ES on Outlook?
Code:
                    Domain-Controller
                    |               |
                   ES#1           ES#2
                   |                  |
      1/2 of your clients     the other half
         |                                 |
     Outlook per user         Outlook per user

Outlook connects to the ES; Your language is confusing me.

The question is WHY two or more?
What is the justification for the added complexity?
What benefit are you seeking?

I work for two companies and I want to merge those outlook exchange accounts into one. I have this set up on my laptop already. I just need it to work on my PC (vista). When I click Outlook, it would ask me which mailbox I would want to connect. I would select the one i want. I'm just trying to find out if it's possible to do it on a Vista for Outlook 2007. Works fine on my XP/Outlook 2003 on the laptop.

Nice clarity in that statement -- thanks. This description shows that your Outlook
(which is the email client) is just connecting to different pop3 servers (which may or may not be ES).

The prompting for the connection is interesting, but more typical is just configuring
two separate email accounts, one for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back