Additional Guard Application spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking care of this comp for my friend. I don't know how they received this malicious program.

So far i noticed the obvious problem of the Additional Guard Application constant pop up about having these 'viruses' and got to pay $$ to remove them. A bothersome application.
Not only that, when on the internet, it redirects to other sites.

Reliable anti virus programs [ie avast, avira] and anti-malware [malwarebytes anti spyware] are not functioning. It will not run.

However, when i did the preliminary instruction, the anti virus program began to work.
The application stopped popping up...but i think only for temporary. I know this computer has a lot more problems. But since it is not my computer, i can't pin point all of them.
Here is all the logs. There was an astonishing amount of infected files.

Please help. Much is appreciated.

I'm taking care of this comp for my friend. I don't know how they received this malicious program.

Registry Keys Infected: 751

And you have 2 Antivirus programs running

And there are a stack more of Malwares in there ! :D

You say you are "taking care" for a "friend".? Tell them to backup and re-install clean
That's my 100% recommendation.
You might also want to let them know how to use the Internet properly, else they'll surely come back to you ;)

i can't seem to locate the other antivirus. All i see is avast.

Only solution is to reformat?
Don't know if they are going to agree to do it. lol
Uh. i guess i'll tell them that. I can't do much since i don't know much about this computer.

Thanks.

Both AVG and Avast are both running according to your log
Sorry to be short and sweet, but I must logoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back