Address Bar issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HP desktop is doing a very strange thing with the internet address bars in multiple browsers including IE7 and AOL. When you go to type something in the address bar a large white window pops up flashing launch internet explorer and the white background flickers a few times. Not sure what is causing this or how to fix but any help would be appreciated. Its happening in multiple browsers and I also did a computer restore and its still happening. At first it stated something about ActiveX needing to be installed but it already is and then that message didnt show up anymore; just the flickering window with launch internet explorer. We tried then launching IE and the same thing happened there. Please help!!!! Thanks!

For IE, Tools ! manage add-on, I suggest that you disable any that you do not recognize. This may address the symptom. However ............

Presently, something is biting you. I would treat this as a threat from malware. I suggest that you follow the preliminary steps for malware removal (Security & Web).

Hey my post was removed

I stated to reset IE settings to default (in a much more expanded way)
I also stated that this is not the full repair, but will help (ie removes all temp files, and addons in IE)

I'm aware the user said "multiple browsers", but it's easier to fix IE I feel.
Once my suggestion was done, I would have asked the user to move on to Malware tests; Network settings and whatnot

Why was my post removed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back