Adobe flash player makes my Internet crash (sometimes whole computer) during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpinaz

Older versions seem to cause less crashing, but it is not very convenient to have really old versions, as they do not work for a lot of newer things. I am wondering if I accidentally erased something on my hard drive that is necessary for it to run properly. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, virus and spyware checks, but I believe the problem is that something that shouldn;t have got deleted did. Is there a way to check?
Using Windows XP

Have you made sure that all the critical Windows Updates have been installed, including XP, Service Pack 3?

Select Windows Updates in the All Programs list. Select "Custom" and choose to download and install all critical and hardware updates in the lists. You will be surprized at just how many updates are left in the list

Trying to do this now. Got this error signature:
szAppName : svchost.exe szAppVer : 5010260025512 szModName : wuaueng.dll
szModVer : 7.2.6001.788 offset : 000d2252

C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\Temp\WER8512.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\KRISTI~1\Temp\WER8512.dir00\appcompat.txt

Still searching for updates... looks like it almost converted to safe mode, but then went back...

Thank you! I will try this, and post. Also, it is still searching for the latest updates for my computer... does it normally take this long?

The search for updates depend on the speed of your Internet connection and the first search usually is the longest... Could take 10 to 20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back