Adobe Flash Player pugin crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj20032005

Hi all,

My flash player plugin keeps crashing. I have XP professional sp3, firefox 3.6.4 and flash player 10.1. Windows has all updates, I've uninstalled and reinstalled flash player and I reinstalled firefox. My computer has all updates, ad blocking software is not shutting it down and I have no malware.

When I go to a website with flash, my browser freezes for about 15 seconds, then it kicks back in. Then I usually get the message telling me that the flash plugin has crashed. I can watch videos on youtube and some other places, but some other websites will not play flash. The places where I can watch flash are jerky. If I disable all the flash player components my browser works fine, I just can't view flash then.

Is this an incompatibility issue with firefox and flash? Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks

No one has any ideas? Can I install another plugin to replace the flash shockwave plugin? Are there any other choices besides Adobe?

Thanks

My computer has all updates
Does this include the latest graphics driver? BTW, consider posting your system specs to the far right of your user id like mine.

FIXED

Well, firefox just installed 3.6.6 and now everything is back to normal. I guess firefox 3.6.5 wasn't compatible with the flash plugin.

Yes, this includes the graphics driver. I posted my system specs, too. Right now, I have my flash plugin off so I can at least use my browser like normal.

Is there anything other than Adobe that I can use? Thanks for your response, mailpup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back