Adobe Flash playing problem

MysterioMask

Ok, originally on this older comp using XP home it originally had macromedia flash on it. But now its adobe flash anyway, I updated it and everything but when I would try and play a flash game from the desktop it wouldnt play properly using flash/shockwave so I would have to open it with internet explorer to make it run correctly but this was hindering an in program save, so to fix the problem I had to fix flash/shockwave, so I removed all flash and shockwave I could find and reinstalled the new flash. Well now when I click on the file it brings up an open with prompt without an option to select flash to open it with. Where is it installed to or how can I open it and make it run correctly .

Questions:
  • Are you using the flash plugin for your browser.?
  • Which browser were you using before you changed to IE?
  • What version of Flash is installed?
  • If you are getting the Open With screen, it means that Flash isn't configured correctly.
The current version of flash automatically runs a process named plugin-container.exe on startup.

Please do this: Reboot the computer> Right click on the Taskbar> Select Task Manager> Click on Processes tab> Double click on the frame above the 'image' names to sort the column> do you see the plugin-container.exe there?

Let me know please, then we'll go from there.

Please don't try to make any more changes until I find the cause of the problem.

The problem is I cant play the .swf files that have been saved to the computer. they play fine from the internet and any browser. I always used IE and sometimes firefox on rare occasions. I uninstalled all flash stuff I could find and reinstalled the newest version just a day ago so whatever the newest version of flash is I should have. and I do not see that process.

The problem is I cant play the .swf files that have been saved to the computer.

Did you look in the Task Manager as requested and look for plugin-container.exe?

The current version of flash automatically runs a process named plugin-container.exe on startup.

Did you look in the Task Manager as requested and look for plugin-container.exe?

I did and did not see it in task manager. Does it disapear later on after startup?

What version of Flash is on the system?

Repeating: Which browser is the default browser? Version?

I have Firefox v14.0.1 and the following plugins:
Shockwave Flash 11.3.300.263
Shockwave for Director 11.6.5.635

When you double-click on a SWF file, try selecting your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) from the list of programs. You should be able to view SWF files this way.

I have version 11,3,300,271. Default is Internet Explorer 8, since im running XP on the system. Yes I can play swf files through the browser fine. The problem is I would like to play them directly from the flash or shockwave player without going through the browser. Because the swf files have a save feature that only works properly when you play it directly from flash. Without a browser.

According to the information I found, in order to do that, you would have to have the entire Flash Player downloaded- you have the plugins which is why the files work with the browser.
---------------------------------------
Okay- you can download and save Shockwave Flash swf files (including videos, animation movies and Flash games) from the Internet to your hard disk using Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Are you referring to embedded flash files or movies? The Adobe Flash player context menu has no option to download or save the Flash movie.

This link may help:
How to Save Flash files in Firefox
How to Download Flash Movies in Internet Explorer

You will have to modify how you save the file to play it without using the browser. Looks like you have to copy the file to the cache.

The files already on the system will need the browser, or you can copy them again as instructed

I already have a couple downloaded swf games ive saved to the desktop. How do I just download flash player or shockwave player without using it as a plugin. It I dont understand why this is so hard and complicated when it was kind of working before.

I would like to play them directly from the flash or shockwave player without going through the browser.
I think it comes down to the fact that you don't own those .swf files. Someone wrote or compiled them and you are allowed to view them through the browser using the plugin.

Please do a Google search for play .swf games offline[/u]. You may get some suggestions there.

It's not hard, it's not complicated. You are watching and listening to someone else's work.

Figured out the problem, sorry I never completed the post. What ended up happening was not that I didnt own the .swf files. The problem was that using a plugin you cant access those files like normal. To play them and use them in the way I wanted to. I would have to own the actual adobe flash program, not just the player/plugin. So theres that.

Back