Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

Here is a few options:
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

Here is a few options:
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.
The 8350 runs on a different socket right (not saying this in a mean way lol)? So he would also need a new motherboard :). Good upgrade nonetheless. On the GPU end if he is on a budget he may want to go with AMD.

The 8350 runs on a different socket right (not saying this in a mean way lol)?
All I know is the "PHENOM II X6 1035T" and "FX-8350" are both listed as supported CPU's for the "MSI 970A-G45 - Socket AM3+" I linked above.

Edit - As a side note:
I would like to point out that with the upgrade headroom, building a completely new rig would not really be necessary. Especially when @infPhoenix seems to be happy with the rig as it is. I feel this upgrade itch, can be scratched without building new machines.

Last edited:
All I know is the "PHENOM II X6 1035T" and "FX-8350" are both listed as supported CPU's for the "MSI 970A-G45 - Socket AM3+" I linked above.

Edit - As a side note:
I would like to point out that with the upgrade headroom, building a completely new rig would not really be necessary. Especially when @infPhoenix seems to be happy with the rig as it is. I feel this upgrade itch, can be scratched without building new machines.
Yeah. The X6 is starting to show its age though. The 8350 would be a great upgrade. I would also recommend that @infPhoenix gets an aftermarket cooler such as the Hyper 212 Evo to OC a bit if his PSU allows.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to all of your suggestions. I recently moved and my internet was down for awhile. Thank you all for the helpful tips! Yes, I didn't think I needed to build a whole new rig. And I guess it is probably best to just upgrade what has been suggested to save myself some money. Thanks again!

Back