Age Of Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys this is my first post and im gonna seem like a noob but thats why im here :) i just bought age of conan and would like to know what i need to get to run it well by that i mean like high setting nice fps here is a picture of info from cpu-z i just didnt wanna list it all haha here are some listed specs as well

AMD athlon 64 3500+ (was thinking AMD X2 3800+ Socket 939 Dual Core CPU)
2.20Ghz
nvidia gefore 6600 video card (was thinking geforce 8600)
300g harddrive
1.25g of ram (gonna get 2 more 512 sticks of kingston ram from ebay)

Heres the picture to cpu-z
CPU.jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated i would love to run age of conan on high settings with little lag my price boundry is roughly 200-300$ i dont wanna buy a whole new computer so input on the one i have now would be great thanks to everyone who helps :D

I would get something in the range of an X2 5000+. I recently got one for myself and it made an amazing difference in gaming. They are so cheap now you can't afford not to.

The problem you're facing is that there aren't many socket 939 cpus available, if you do find some they're probably expensive. As for an AGP card I think you could find an ATI Radeon 2400 or 2600 but neither of those are gaming powerhouses.

I have to say, if you're going to upgrade your pc and you'll be using it for a while longer- don't go cheap. Like acidosmosis said, get something in the dual core 5000+ range, along with a good graphics card, seems like your pc might be a little old. I go to the site: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
to see if my pc can run any good games. I check out games coming out recently, and while for most I pass the minimum, i don't pass the recommended on any. If i do pass parts of the recommended requirements of any game- it's the cpu that fails- that's when you know your pc is gettin' old. Mine is a 64 4000+, not even dual core.

So i'd just probably buy a whole new pc. IF you still want to just upgrade, that 64 dual core processor you mentioned isn't too bad. It's just... it's not going to last long enough to allow you to play any new games and you'll have to buy a new on soon, and your motherboard will eventually not be able to handle the new cpu's comin' out.

My advice: get a new pc.

Actually, Age of Conan's engine has a very neat trick on running Max settings even with old-gen parts.

Set the game to High ( yes, high ) and disable shadows. It'll look great and have a steady FPS!

Also, I wouldn't rely on system hardware for Age of Conan just yet, even on newer age parts it runs horrible in the city areas. Later on they'll add optimization rules that will make it run alot smoother with better FPS.

I've studied the Engine for AoC, even on Low / Medium / High your FPS is usually in the trash because the game only utilizes 30% of the GPU's potential. We can hope later on they'll optimize the game so it'll run like it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back