All games freeze unless i underclock my GPU

Usually it takes just a short time for it to happen, which can be increased depending on graphics settings and such, but always happens nonetheless. It's not an overheating issue, at least not from the graphics card/processor, as I have tested. I've already used different CPU's and PSU's, but it changes nothing. Could it be that my graphics card is simply getting old?
Specs:
H16M-A mobo
i7 3770
GTX 650
TUF-Gaming 450b PSU
SEAGATE HD SATA II 500GB 7200 RPM
PS: I don't have another gpu in hands to test with.

Oh yes that GTX 650 is old....like 2012. The good news is that graphics cards are coming back into stock without the insane prices. I just purchased 2 x GTX 3050 cards tonight from the EVGA website for $299USD each. Those RTX 3050 cards are roughly equivalent to the GTX 1070 from a few years back. If you can swing a new one, at least you know that a used 1070 should not be $300 used, and you can take it from there. Another good choice used or new is a GTX 1660 Super. That used to be the old $300 card so don't be paying that much for one now. =)

Usually it takes just a short time for it to happen, which can be increased depending on graphics settings and such, but always happens nonetheless. It's not an overheating issue, at least not from the graphics card/processor, as I have tested. I've already used different CPU's and PSU's, but it changes nothing. Could it be that my graphics card is simply getting old?
Specs:
H16M-A mobo
i7 3770
GTX 650
TUF-Gaming 450b PSU
SEAGATE HD SATA II 500GB 7200 RPM
PS: I don't have another gpu in hands to test with.
10 bucks and my left nut, says that you need a new power supply

Back